Two Under 2

"Baby" doll for toddler

I have a 16 month old little boy and I'm due to have our second lo in a week. I've been considering getting my son a "baby" doll of his own to relate the experience, I realize its a little late now. However I felt he was too young earlier to understand and now with it so close I feel we should wait till after deliver since we don't know the baby's gender. My question is, is it too late to offer the doll after delivery? Would it be pointless at that time?

Re: "Baby" doll for toddler

• We got my DD a cheap doll from Walmart. It was like $10-12. She loved it! We got it maybe a week or so before DS came. She played with it, and still plays with it a lot. It's over a year later and she sleeps with it every night, feeds, pushes it in the stroller, burps it, puts it down for naps. My DS has taken to it now too. It's really adorable!

I highly recommend getting one. My DD was only 13.5 months old when my DS was born, but she still totally "got" it. When my DS was very gassy and I was burping him, she always ran to get her baby to burp her baby too. It helped a lot with our transition and she copied a lot of the things I was doing with the new baby and did them with her baby doll.  

• I have a 16 month old as well and we play with his baby doll all the time. He loves to mimic how I interact with it and to bring it to me to hold. I don't think its too late, just get one and start showing him behavior for how to touch and interact with babies. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"