Late Term and Child Loss
Options

My son was born sleeping yesterday.

I delivered my son Sebastian Wesley stillborn at 3:24 am January 23, 2013. I was 38 weeks, 6 days pregnant. He had gotten the cord wrapped around his neck and he probably passed before I even went into labor but with all the contractions that ended up coming Monday and Tuesday I didn't notice his movements had disappeared. I arrived at the hospital a little after midnight at 7cm dilated after having contractions for 2 days that finally regulated to 5 minutes apart. They tried hooking me up to a monitor and could not find his heartbeat. After 4 nurses tried my midwife came in and did an ultrasound and let me know that my son had passed in the womb. She checked me again and told me I was fully dilated but that my contractions had tapered off so they would have to give me pitocin so that I could deliver him but that I could decide when. It took me over an hour to ask them to start it because I was in shock and the contractions I was getting were so painful I was terrified of getting the meds. I couldn't wait any longer though...once they started pitocin I just focused on my breathing and when I started feeling pressure down there they called my midwife back in. I pushed for what seems like hours but I'm pretty sure was only 30-45 minutes. He was 5lb 12oz and 20in long. I had just heard his heartbeat Friday and everything was fine. I miscarried a baby at 8 weeks in May 2011 and that was really hard but I have never had a loss like this. I don't know how to cope...how to make these decisions...it's earth shattering.
Pregnant after 1 miscarriage and 1 late loss. Due July 20, 2013. I am on daily Lovenox injections after finding out I have MTHFR deficiency and Homocystinuria. I hope with this treatment we will bring home a baby this time. I believe in you, Nugget.
BabyFetus Tickerimage

I am a mother to an angel baby boy, born still at almost 39 weeks gestation on January 23, 2013image

Re: My son was born sleeping yesterday.

• Options

I am so sorry for the loss of your son Sebastian.  I hope you find comfort with the ladies here who are so very supportive.  It's a lot to process in the first few days because you are in shock.  Four months out and I still fell like it was all a dream and that I will wake up and none of this happened.  

The hospital I delivered at had a social worker come talk to us and helped us with things that we weren't prepared to think about like having pictures taken, if we want a blessing done, etc. It is so overwhelming but just take your time with it and be gentle with yourself.  When I was sitting there I tried to think to myself about what regrets I would have if I didn't have certain things even if I wasn't ready to look at them for awhile like pictures or a lock of hair.  Now I am glad I have all of that to remember Sophia by.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your son Sebastian.  I'm glad to meet you, just wish it was under better circumstances.  If there's anything we can do for you, please let us know.  The women here are wonderful and a great source of support.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The decision making in so very hard. You never expected to make those decisions for your baby.

When we lost Elsie, we took the day moment by moment. We could no longer face the thought of a whole day.

So very sorry for your loss of Sebastian. I am praying for you and hope you have supportive people around you.

Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options

*Ticker warning*

I am so incredibly sorry for the loss of your baby boy, Sebastian.  I wish I didn't have to welcome you to this board but it is full of wonderful women who provide amazing support.  I hope you find the same support that I have.  Your loss is so new, please be easy on yourself.  We are all here for you.  Huge ((hugs)).  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. While it saddens me to welcome you here, please know that you have come to a very supportive and comforting place with amazing ladies. We are always here for you.
  • Options

*Siggy Warning*

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. The decision making is hardest after. I hope you find some support and comfort here as you go through the 1st, hardest stages of grief. If you have any specific questions or need poems to go on his prayer card or anything like that I would be happy to help. Again I am so sorry. My prayers are with you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

**Ticker warning**

Our stories are very similar I went in thinking I was in labor and at 38 wks 4 days my baby girl Sydney had no heart beat. I had a c section with her. Your life will forever be changed. I know exactly how you feel it has been almost 16 months for me and I miss my baby every second of every day. The pain gets a bit easier to handle. Just know that we are all here for you and we all know how you feel.

My best suggestion to you is if you are able go to grief counseling. It helped me I went a week after she passed away and I found great comfort with my counselor I realized my crazy and sad thoughts were totally normal.

Huge hugs!! If you ever would like to talk PM me, I am here! Our stories are so similar.

Heather 

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options
    Also I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet abby boy Sebastian!!
    DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options
    My heart breaks for you, so sorry for your loss.  Those decisions are the hardest when you are still in shock.  I am only 3 1/2 weeks out from my loss and already have regrets about pictures, etc. Even if you don't want them now have them taken and let somebody keep them until you are ready. Once the shock wears off you will want everything you can possibly have.  Best wishes to you as you grieve. 
    TTC since May 2011
    Provera x3 late 2011, no natural response. (Previous BCP for 12 years).
     Dx PCOS April 2012. 
    Clomid x 4 - no response.
    First FSH/Ovidrel cycle early Aug 2012 - 18 days of injections, slow growth, erratic estrogen levels, triggered Aug 21st. 
    BFP Sept 4th and Sept 7th! 
     7wk US Sept 28th - triplets! 
    Perfect triplets lost at 20 weeks due to incompetent cervix. Allison Grace, James Alexander and Colin Gregory forever in our hearts!  
    IVF #1 10/11/13 -  canceled before retrieval.  
    IVF# 2 11/28/13 - retrieval on Turkey Day! Hyperstim - no transfer
    FET #1 2/4/14 - miscarriage @ 9 weeks (Trisomy 6) 
    FET #2 6/8/14 - healthy normal baby! Due date 2/25/15
  • Options

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby boy, Sebastian. I also went into labor and found out at the hospital that my daughter did not have a heartbeat. I remember feeling so very alone and wondering how I would ever get through it. But here I am making it day by day. Some days are better than others, grief is long and hard road. I found great comfort in the support that I get from the women on this board. The women on here are strong and amazing and they have helped me to survive the last 10 months. I hope you will find comfort here as well.

((HUGS))

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Options

I am so sorrry for your loss of your precioius boy. I know when I had my babies it was so hard making the decisions about whether to hold them, take pictures with them, get their measurements and prints, etc.  I never thought I would ever have to make those decisions.  I am so glad we decided to hold all of them and get their keepsakes. I am only a little over a week out, not very long since they were born, I remember thinking in the hospital how will I ever get through this? Honestly, in just the week and a half, It has gotten a little easier. If it wasn't for my faith and for God's grace, I wouldn't be in the place I am now. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

TTC since August 2011
    DX PCOS and annovulatory
    1/12 Clomid (3 rounds total and no response)
    DH SA = normal
    6/12 Femara (2 rounds)no response
    8/12 1st round Gonal F and 2 follies = BFN
    9/12 2nd round injects and 3 follies = BFP!
    10/15 11dpo beta#1 = 162 10/17 beta #2 = 471 1st U/S: Quads!!!
    1/13 Baby A ruptured membranes, our angels Jaxon, Jayse, Emersyn, and Ellee were born @ 17 weeks

5/13 Gonal F with 1 follie - BFP! EDD - 2/11/14

• Options
    My heart hurts for you. So sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that Sebastian is not here with you right now. It hurts so bad, the pain was do raw. I lost my baby full term due to a cord accident almost 3 months ago now and I still have trouble accepting its my reality. The pain does become less intense, but I still have really hard days. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial ticker
    Due with baby boy # 2 in May 2016
    DD #1 born January 2014

• Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. The decisions immediately afterwards suck and everything feels/is so overwhelming.

Please let us know if we can support you in any specific way. Huge hugs!!!
  • Options
    Thank you all. <3
    Pregnant after 1 miscarriage and 1 late loss. Due July 20, 2013. I am on daily Lovenox injections after finding out I have MTHFR deficiency and Homocystinuria. I hope with this treatment we will bring home a baby this time. I believe in you, Nugget.
    BabyFetus Tickerimage

I am a mother to an angel baby boy, born still at almost 39 weeks gestation on January 23, 2013image

• Options

I'm so sorry that you find yourself here. My son Julian was born sleeping last July at 39 weeks, 5 days after an uncomplicated pregnancy. We don't know what caused his death, but I suspect a cord accident. Like you, I did not know he was gone until I arrived at the hospital in labor. He was born on Sunday night and I had just heard his heartbeat during my last exam on Wednesday. I also took pitocin and delivered vaginally-he was 7lbs, 11oz. 

Please try to remember to take care of yourself over these next few weeks. Even though you are probably consumed by grief and still trying to process your loss, you did just give birth, and you want to have a smooth recovery. Feel free to ask us questions about postpartum health. I found it hard to use my usual resources (pregnancy books, my BMB) for advice, because everything was written with the assumption that you have a newborn at home with you.

Also, I started a blog a couple of months after losing Julian. I don't share the link publicly, but I would be happy to share it with you if you want (just PM me). In the weeks and months since my loss, I've found it helpful to read other people's stories-it makes me feel a little less alone.  

• Options

I am so sorry for the loss of your son Sebastian, it breaks my heart  to welcome you here.  

I lost my daughter at 39 weeks endured a 3 day long induction.  I was in such shock and denial that I couldn't make any decisions and told the hospital to handle everything.  I regret that so much now.  I know you were  preparing for a new life, and to have to make decisions about how to handle his death is almost impossible.  I hope you are surrounded by supportive, loving family and friends.      

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"