December 2011 Moms
Options

First Haircut?

Has anyone taken their LO for a haircut? I can't imagine my LO sitting for a haircut, and I think she'd be fussy for someone to touch her hair. She is just now letting me put pig tails and pony tails in.

I don't think I will take her for awhile longer, but just wanted to hear about your experiences. Anyone? 

Re: First Haircut?

• Options
    We have a little boy and his first 3 he did great. Last hair cut i had to stand up and hold him.
  • Options
    Our little guy is going for his second one today.  First was at ten months! He has so much hair!  We went to a place that specializes in kids haircuts.  They put a DVD in for them to watch so he didn't squirm or move much at all (unless the lady was bocking his view of the tv). The place we went to always has coupons so it wasn't too expensive either.  My regular hair dresser said she would do infant and toddler cuts as well, but he is so active that I feel more comfortable with the DVD distraction at this point :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No and I don't think I will take him any time soon! I just love his curls so much and am afraid that they won't grow back. He also doesn't have a lot of hair, so I'll get by for a few more month without needing to cut it! ;-)
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    We took DS in at 11 months right before our family pictures were taken. He did great. He really needs another hair cut!
  • Options
    LO has had 3 or so and is due for another one. My mil is a hair dresser so she does all of our cuts. The boys behave so much better with her! I let another lady cut ds1's hair once while my mil was off and he was a nightmare! I think it helps that they know and trust her and it takes some of the scare factor away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We'll be taking DS soon to get his done. I'm so scared though - I love his little pin curls and fear that they'll get cut off and won't come back... We take DD to a place that specializes in kid's hair. It's well worth the extra few bucks to take the kids there. When they're little they have tons of distractions so the kids sit still longer. Only a few times did we get tears from DD, but that's why we went there in the first place (nobody judges because every parent has gone through it at some point!)..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's been so long since I've been on the bump...hi ladies!  I took my son for his first haircut right before his 1st birthday, and he actually did really well.  I will say though that he is an extremely mellow kid.  I'm not sure how that happened with me as his mom lol.  My husband got his hair cut first while Michael watched which I think maybe helped him see that it's nothing to be afraid of.  When it was his turn, he sat in my husband's lap and stayed so still.  I was expecting it to be a lot worse!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I took DS to the salon at JC Penney.  I'd rather have taken him to a place specializing in kid haircuts, but the closest one to me is around 45 minutes away.  At Penney's they just had me hold him on my lap, and it worked but he squirmed and wiggled the whole time so she wasn't able to really cut around his ears.  Other than that I was happy with the job they did there.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At the rate that Ana's hair is growing... she will be 8 before she even has a full head of hair. haha

• Options

So just an update to my haircut post about taking ds on Saturday:

we went back to the kids salon and I was so happy we did.  He cried and fought her the whole time and she was able to maneuver around him and keep cutting! She was amazing and she was very quick.  She said a lot of kids do that so she probably has a lot of experience with it. My regular hairdresser said that if they start throwing a fit she can't keep going. So I was very thankful to have someone who does kids cuts all day. Totally worth the extra money. Just in case any of you also have a LO with a temper like mine :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"