December 2010 Moms

Cool mist dehumidifier

Anyone have a recommendation on a cool mist dehumidifier? Or is it humidifier? I can't keep them straight! I had one of the warm ones but it was just a disaster and was leaving black stuff in the water which really creeped me out. I'm looking for one for Noah's room to use mostly when he's congested, and I would like it to be reasonable priced.

And on a side note, I've been thinking about buying one since Noah was born, but do you still use the Nose Freda? Is it worth buying at this point, even if we'll probably have a second kid?

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cool mist dehumidifier

• We have 2 of the crane humidifiers one for each kiddo. Easy to clean and work pretty well. We bought them last month when kids got sick and we have been using them nightly.

We use the nose frida on both kids still. We have been fighting respiratory infections te last 2 months and although A kinda tries to blow his nose but isnt that good so he still gets a nose frida 2 to 4 times a day like before nap and bed to make sure he is as clear as possible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have the programmable 4 gallon Graco cool mist humidifier for each kid's room. We've been very happy with them. It has a filter that you switch out every so often. I prefer it to the filterless type, (which we have for ourselves in our bedroom).

We have a NoseFrida Snotsucker. I haven't used it on DS in a long time b/c he's been able to blow his nose very well. But, I do use it for DD now. I actually just got done using it on her daily for at least 30 days straight b/c she had a lingering cold.

• Loading the player...
  • The one I have for C is a mid-size plain (not kids) cool-mist humidifier.  I think it's a Honeywell similar to this one below.  It does take filters which are about $7/each at Target and we replace monthly.  We had the Crane frog last year and it unfortunately didn't put out enough mist for our space b/c of where I need to plug it in.  This one honestly is a bit more expensive to run (b/c of the filters) but sooooooo much easier to clean completely and works better for our space.

And yes, we still use the Freda (Freddie according to C).  I wouldn't hesitate to get one at all.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/10407607394386299839?q=cool%20mist%20humidifier&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=QcV&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41524429,d.eWU&biw=1680&bih=873&sa=X&ei=X38GUaauII2s8QSN7YC4Cg&ved=0CI0BEPMCMAA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got one from target when j was born and love it

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"