Detroit Babies

Heart shaped Uterus??

I had my first ultrasound today and I got to see the heartbeat!! such a blessing, but she told me I have a heart shaped Uterus, should I be worried?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Heart shaped Uterus??

• Don't get too worried, but heart shaped uterus are usually considered a high risk pregnancy. Have you had a hard time conceiving? Also your chances for a breeched baby rise, so do preterm delivery. But only 15 to 20 percent chance. BUT that's not the case for everyone. Talk to your doctor.
  • my mom has this and she said that the dr told here its very rare to have this and with it you cannot give birth vaginally. best of luck maybe things have changed since the 80's
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom has a heart shaped. A lot of the females in my family do. It's high risk because it increases the chance of a miscarriage, but saying that... my mom had 6 kids some naturally some c section my aunt had 3 and my sister had 2. So just keep yourself healthy and if anything is weird to you or doesnt seem right ask your doctor. Theyre going to have all the answers you need. My sister calls her doctor about everything this pregnancy lol.
    Good luck :
  • Thanks ladies.... I will see the actual Dr. Today so I will find out more. I was comparing my U.S. pic to some online that were heart shaped and mine didn't look bad at all really, I'm not sure if they get more heart shaped as the pregnancy goes on but hopefully I have no problems....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"