Babies: 9 - 12 Months

10 month old but no teeth

hello all!  it's been a while....my LG is growing so fast & it's been hard keeping up with her & the Bump, but I have a question if anybody would be so kind as to answer or give ideas. 

my girl is 10 months old but no teeth.  lately she's been chewing on things like crazy & gumming/mashing with her jaw.  We have done canned baby food, puffs, and yogurt melts, but was wondering what "real" food I could possibly start her on? she has no teeth right now & no signs of getting any time soon. I'm scared that if I don't start her on our food soon, she'll become a picky eater.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance

Re: 10 month old but no teeth

• You could do toast, little bits of meats and cheese, fruits and veggies...they mostly use their gums to chew anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We introduced table foods at 6 months. He got his first tooth at 9 months and has done well with all foods. At 10 months, he still has one "real" tooth, with another peaking through his gums. It's amazing what he can gum.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We give him everything we eat, he only has his two bottom teeth and they don't help with chewing.  Their gums are strong enough to break the food up.
  • My niece didn't have any teeth until she was 17 months. She ate everything (besides maybe a huge chunk of steak or something). They don't need teeth to chew-- they chew with their gums. Stick your finger in your kids mouth. Those suckers are hard!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageoliversmommy32912:
    My niece didn't have any teeth until she was 17 months. She ate everything besides maybe a huge chunk of steak or something. They don't need teeth to chew they chew with their gums. Stick your finger in your kids mouth. Those suckers are hard!
    lol it's true!
    My dd is also 10 mos and still all gums! 17 months! Wow. Was it brutal when they finally came through because she was older? And did they come all at once
  • A month ago my DS didn't have any teeth and now he has 6! Even still, a month ago he was eating just about everything. He mashed it up with his gums.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• We started table foods at 6 months and she just got her first teeth the other week.  It really is amazing what their gums can mash up.  She eats pretty much what we eat and does just fine.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesilvie25:
    imageoliversmommy32912:
    My niece didn't have any teeth until she was 17 months. She ate everything besides maybe a huge chunk of steak or something. They don't need teeth to chew they chew with their gums. Stick your finger in your kids mouth. Those suckers are hard!
    lol it's true! My dd is also 10 mos and still all gums! 17 months! Wow. Was it brutal when they finally came through because she was older? And did they come all at once

YEP. Poor kid. She's 20 months now and has EIGHT teeth and is about to pop out a ninth. She has been teething pretty much nonstop since she got her first one. Thank goodness I have a "normal" teether....he just gets one at a time and we get at least a few weeks in between. It was a race to see which one of them got a tooth first. He and my niece are ten months apart and they each got their first teeth within a week of each other!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"