Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Crib Climber...

My little one is 10 months old (8 adjusted).  Just this weekend, he has learned to stand in his crib.  We have it lowered all the way, but when he stands up, he isn't very stable and falls backward.  He has conked his poor head on the crib rails twice now.  Is there anything we can do to help protect his little head?  We don't have a bumper or anything in the crib as per the pediatrician and we watch him on the monitor to try to make sure we go back in and lay him down when he is standing up. I know we're not the first parents to deal with this...anyone else in the same spot or have any suggestions?
My Ovulation Chart 50 mg Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI #1: BFN... 50 mg Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI #2: BFN... 50 mg Clomid/IUI #3: BFP!! Due May, 2012 :) So happy to welcome our little boy, born at 32 weeks and 3 days! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crib Climber...

• I think if you give it a few days, he'll figure it out and it won't be an issue.  They're all a bit unsteady when they learn to stand in the crib on a soft(er than the ground) mattress but once he learns how to balance on the mattress, he'll be fine.  We never went in and laid him back down and he learned how to cruise around the crib and get himself back down in about a weeks time. 

No advice for how to keep him from bonking his head....it probably looks/sounds harder than it really is (they have incredibly hard heads) and it's probably just the beginning of the many bumps/bruises he'll experience as he learns to crawl, cruise, walk, etc. 

• We went through this for a couple of days. Seriously by about a week later he had it down. It was a difficult week but now he is an expert at getting up and down. Just give it time. By the time to find your fix LO will have figured it out.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • He'll have it under control all on his own before you know it...and you'll wonder why you worried! It's tough for him to stand up on the soft surface of his bed, as opposed to outside of it - if he's just learning to pull up, and that was his first place to do it, he will start doing it everywhere and he'll get the hang of it. Kids bump their heads - it's a fact of life. Try not to worry about little things like that or you'll drive yourself crazy! Don't go in just to get him to lay down - if he's not fussing and he's just exploring the things he can do, he'll eventually tire himself out and lay down and go to sleep. That, or he'll get bored of tipping over and go to sleep anyway!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!  FTM here (obviously!).  I appreciate all your insight.  Hopefully our little guy will figure it out sooner than later and he'll be good to go.  Thanks again :)
    My Ovulation Chart 50 mg Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI #1: BFN... 50 mg Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI #2: BFN... 50 mg Clomid/IUI #3: BFP!! Due May, 2012 :) So happy to welcome our little boy, born at 32 weeks and 3 days! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"