June 2012 Moms
Options

BFing moms

Okay so we started BLW 10 days before 6 months. I can tell by DS's poops that he's really eating now, they're not firm, but they're pretty pasty and don't go all over his diaper anymore.

Now, as this is happening, I can also tell DS is nursing less. I nurse on demand so I don't even know how many times a day I nurse, but generally every 3 hours around the clock. Sometimes more, sometimes less. So I'm still nursing frequently but I can tell DS is taking less. More often I'm finding my breasts aren't "empty" and even though I still nurse every 3 hours at night, I still wake up leaking. I didn't have any of these experiences before solids. I nurse an hour before we do a solid meal. I offer two a day right now.

Anyone else already noticing a decrease? I'm certainly not trying to replace nursing or anything, totally going slow and following DS's lead on solids. Ugh. I want DS to stay a baby forever. I don't like this growing up business!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BFing moms

• Options
    Nope DS is a booby boy! He nurses every 2 hours during the sometimes more and he nurses 2 to 3 times at night. He eats solids 2 times a day. He nurses anywhere from 15min to 30 min.

We aren't BLW though, I make his puree with fresh fruit or veggies and breast milk.
  • Options

DD is nursing more, if that's possible. She gets 2 solid meals a day for the past month and a half.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think DS is nursing a bit less these days. We're doing a little bit of everything with solids, some BLW and some purees. His poops are much thicker now and while he does generally still nurse every 3-4 hours, he's not as frantic as he used to be. I assume this is because of the solids. I'm fine with that. I hope to continue nursing until his birthday and then go straight to whole milk, but I'm fine with him beginning to cut back. As far as I'm concerned, that's normal. He supposed to be starting to cut back a little now. Obviously, breast milk is still his main source of nutrition, but a little less seems about right to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope not nursing less :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    He's nursing every 2 hours still...however, several weeks ago when he was doing pur?e, he was nursing a little less, and then I got my period which then caused my supply to drop...and I agree, he's growing way too fast!  He's crawling like a pro and has 4 teeth...too fast!
  • Options
    imageacbfreire:

DD is nursing more, if that's possible. She gets 2 solid meals a day for the past month and a half.

this! we aren't doing blw, dd gets 2 solid meals a day. she's still taking the same amount of milk at daycare (14 oz), but on the days I'm home she nurse every 2 hours. this past week she's been nursing closer to every hour and has been waking up more frequently at night to nurse. I think she might be having a growth spurt.

has your son increased the amount he's eating at each meal of solids? 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My dd is early June so she is almost 8 mo now. Just over the past week or so have I seen a decrease in nursing, and it's not consistent day to day. I am encouraging it a little though and letting her go 4 to 5 hours if she does not demand it though, bc I am trying to get fertile again. But mostly she still wants to nurse every 4 hrs at least.
  • Options
    My LO is on 4 liquid feeds a day at 7, 11, 3, and 6:30. At daycare , I send 8 oz bottles of EBM, and he usually will take 6 to 8 oz. We have been doing 1 solid meal a day since 6 months old. He learned to crawl last weekk and since then, he has been eating more. He is draining the 8 oz bottles. The teacher at daycare suggested adding in lunch now that his intake is increasing, so that is our plan. He has eagerly eaten solids for us this weekend which is crazy! They are getting so big.
    I BF on the same schedule to be consistent. I was leaking overnight, too. But that was because we just had some CIO success.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"