Single Parents

Single and Pregnant

Does anyone else feel as though they are in a pregnancy alone? Even though "it takes two" to become pregnant. Baby Mama Drama is the WORST. Especially if you are the mama and the drama isn't even from you! Let's just say..

BOYS SUCK.

Re: Single and Pregnant

• Amen. I am all alone in this pregnancy, I don't Think I'll ever trust another man.
  • I know exactly how you feel! We are in this together :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemel1987:
    Amen. I am all alone in this pregnancy, I don't Think I'll ever trust another man.

I'm all alone in this pregnant as well. I can never ever trust BD. 

Pulpit rockBabyName Ticker
  • yup. I'm all alone in my pregnancy and its the worst, hopefully you have someone there for you! I have my sisters and my best friend from childhood 

• Just wanted to add: How much it sucks to be single and pregnant, because (in my case) I feel like no one is happy for me. Granted, this is not the greatest situation... But the baby is innocent and should be cherished, right? I hate feeling like the only one who is even semi excited. #pitypartyforone
  • imagemel1987:
    Just wanted to add: How much it sucks to be single and pregnant, because (in my case) I feel like no one is happy for me. Granted, this is not the greatest situation... But the baby is innocent and should be cherished, right? I hate feeling like the only one who is even semi excited. #pitypartyforone

I felt the same way for a long time. Everyone made me feel guilty for being excited. I finally got to the point where if you aren't excited then you don't need to talk to me anymore. Now, I have far more to worry about than someone elses happiness. In my case, my friends, family and coworkers have finally all come around. It may be hard, but I had to shut a lot of people out until they realized that I don't want there negative minds and opinions around and most of them came back around once the shock wore off and they were excited!

I'll be excited for you! Congrats, your little bundle of joy is lucky to have someone strong by their side! :)

• imageLcherry937:

imagemel1987:
    Just wanted to add: How much it sucks to be single and pregnant, because (in my case) I feel like no one is happy for me. Granted, this is not the greatest situation... But the baby is innocent and should be cherished, right? I hate feeling like the only one who is even semi excited. #pitypartyforone

I felt the same way for a long time. Everyone made me feel guilty for being excited. I finally got to the point where if you aren't excited then you don't need to talk to me anymore. Now, I have far more to worry about than someone elses happiness. In my case, my friends, family and coworkers have finally all come around. It may be hard, but I had to shut a lot of people out until they realized that I don't want there negative minds and opinions around and most of them came back around once the shock wore off and they were excited!

I'll be excited for you! Congrats, your little bundle of joy is lucky to have someone strong by their side! :)

Thank you! It's just annoying because, I'm keeping this child, so what other choice do I have? Cry everyday because the baby's father left as soon as I told him... even though before hand he was all for talking baby names and crap. Yes, I am sad that I will do all of this alone again... BUT I don't want to pout all of the time! I can't dwell on the 'negative' aspects! So yes, I want to be happy! and I want everyone around me to be happy as well! Maybe I'm asking for too much for right now! At least I have you!!! :)
  • I felt alone even though I was in a relationship when j was pregnant with my DD. boys do certainly suck!!! I feel as though  they never understand that we don't care to have them in our lives but their children sure do! ugh
  • Im in this one alone too.......

But together we can do it :-)

• Is it weird that I'm kind of wishing I was officially single?

We were breaking up/ he was half moved-out when we found out I am pregnant. Now we're trying to decide what we're going to do... The stress of the daily drama, the tearful conversations and occasional all-out yelling is *killing* me.

He says things like, "if you keep it, this will ruin my life" -- but if I say he doesn't actually have to be involved, I have a lot of support, I can do this, he gets super mad and says that's not an option, either ("if I have a child in the world, I want to be there!" etc.... Buuuut it will still ruin his life, etc). And then if I say that I can terminate --so as not to "ruin his life" -- but that would change how I see and feel about him and that I'd need him to finish moving out, he starts crying and asking for hugs and saying we don't need to decide right now.

He's driving me nuts. If he wants to progress and parent with me, I'd be thrilled! He can be so loving and supportive! But if he's going to be so emotionally all-over-the-place and alternately guilt me for leaning toward wanting to progress or freak out for offering to oblige him w/a termination-- jeez, sometimes I just wish he'd get out of the way. My hormonally wacked-out emotions are bad enough, and I really just want to focus on getting done what I need to get done to do this right! Ugh!

I know this stuff is tough on the men, too, but for crying out loud. Can I please have a break?!

So: Single mamas, rejoice! You get to be in charge and don't need to worry about needy partners on top of dealing with your own and your embryo/fetus/baby's needs. Oy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"