Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Does this exist?

Am I dreaming? Is there such thing as a convertible car seat that works similar to how the infant car seat works with the snap and go? So basically a convertible car seat that works with a stroller frame. Does this exist?

Re: Does this exist?

• Ive never seen one but is a good idea lol
  • Not exactly, but Britax makes a rolling frame that is compatible with most brands of convertible seats, but baby is close to the ground, not up high.  https://www.britaxusa.com/accessories/car-seat-travel-cart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • There was once. Maybe it still exists.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Graco smart seat has a base so you install the base and can snap the seat in and out but I don't think it goes in a stroller like a travel system.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrscjmb9410:

imageLalaMama81:
    No. And really I don't know why you'd want one. Babies need to be out of their carseats they can ride in the cart, stroller, a carrier and soon they'll be walking.

This. Also a convertible seat is significantly heavier (IME) than an infant seat. Just seems like it would be a huge PITA, especially once you have a toddler or a preschooler who still fits in the convertible...how would you get them and the seat out of the car to put it in the stroller?! 

I kind of get OPs question, though.  If you have a 9 month old who is big enough to go to the bigger carseat, what do you do if they are asleep and you are going somewhere?  It would be super convenient to not have to wake them up and just move the whole chunk into the stroller.  I am cramming DD (weight limit is totally still adhered to, she is just getting bigger and COULD transition) into the infant seat to avoid having to pull her in and out of the bigger car seat because she falls asleep so nice in the car and I can go out and about and run my errands.

• imagehopefulmom81:
    imagemrscjmb9410:

imageLalaMama81:
    No. And really I don't know why you'd want one. Babies need to be out of their carseats they can ride in the cart, stroller, a carrier and soon they'll be walking.

This. Also a convertible seat is significantly heavier (IME) than an infant seat. Just seems like it would be a huge PITA, especially once you have a toddler or a preschooler who still fits in the convertible...how would you get them and the seat out of the car to put it in the stroller?! 

I kind of get OPs question, though.  If you have a 9 month old who is big enough to go to the bigger carseat, what do you do if they are asleep and you are going somewhere?  It would be super convenient to not have to wake them up and just move the whole chunk into the stroller.  I am cramming DD (weight limit is totally still adhered to, she is just getting bigger and COULD transition) into the infant seat to avoid having to pull her in and out of the bigger car seat because she falls asleep so nice in the car and I can go out and about and run my errands.

At some point, you will have to use a convertible seat and possibly wake them up. I know it sucks but a lot of times, babies will get used to it and just go right back to sleep on your shoulder or in the stroller. I would say you're very lucky that your DD will sleep that well in her carseat...neither of my boys would sleep through errands in their infant seats.

The Graco Smart Seat does have a base and allows you to switch it from car to car via a base like the infant seat but it doesn't click into a stroller and I don't think it would sit well in the basket of a shopping cart or a booth in a restaurant. Plus, by the time you buy the seat ($299) and an extra base for the seat ($99) you could have bought 2 seats that are just as nice and you don't have to worry about lifting a 30+lb seat in and out of a car.

• It does exist - have you heard of the Orbit stroller system? We looked into it with my first DD but it wasn't available in Canada at the time. It's not cheap though (ok, it's VERY expensive in my opinion).

Anyway, in some ways I guess you get what you pay for because the system really has thought of every need. Here's the link if you're interested:

https://www.orbitbaby.com/en/products/toddler-car-seat-g2/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageacia:
    It does exist have you heard of the Orbit stroller system? We looked into it with my first DD but it wasn't available in Canada at the time. It's not cheap though ok, it's VERY expensive in my opinion. Anyway, in some ways I guess you get what you pay for because the system really has thought of every need. Here's the link if you're interested:https://www.orbitbaby.com/en/products/toddlercarseatg2/

Oh wow. The rotating function is fantastic for me as I have a smaller car! I wish all convertible carseats came with this feature! Wish I could afford this! Lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"