Attachment Parenting

Help me baby wear...ergo

I would appreciate any help you can give. I've watched a gazillion you tube videos but I never seem to be able to get her comfy in there.

DD is 10 weeks and a little over 12 lbs.

I have an ergo and infant insert.
I just read post below and that helped a little.

DD seems to hate the insert. She seems a little more comfortable without but I'm just not sure how she should be in there at this age.

Should her head be in the ergo or above it? She seems to want to see what is happening around her but she is below the shoulder straps so she can't see anything.

Where should her feet be? I don't think I really get how to froggy her legs or if I'm even supposed.

I'm makIng this harder than it needs to be.

Help!

Re: Help me baby wear...ergo

• The top of the ergo should come no higher than the midline of her ear.  At 10 weeks, you are likely going to want her to still have some head support so that's a good marker to go by.

She probably doesn't need the insert - the purpose of the insert is to hold baby snuggly in the carrier to prevent slumping.  Once they are bigger and fill out the body of the carrier more it isn't needed.

She probably isn't big enough for legs out yet.  You don't want legs out until she can freely swing her legs at the knees and isn't too deeply seated in the carrier.   At the same time she may be too big to froggy or not like it (I'm personally not a fan of froggy legs).  You can use the little pillow part of the insert or a rolled up blanket as a seat for her.  She will sit on that so her legs will swing free.  It will give her a boost so she's not too low and will keep her legs from overspreading.

HTH!! 
  • Thank you!!!

I tried just the pillow part and she seemed much happier. She took a 2 1/2 hour nap in the ergo at the same time as my 2 year old and I got so much done!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I used just the pillow insert from about 8 week until just past 4 months.  My LO was never a fan of the froggy position and so I let him be legs out.  The pillow kept his butt where it should be and his legs didn't have to splay super far apart.  He was much happier that way.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I see you're in Chicago- we have a freaking awesome bw group here! The leaders are always willing to help and the lending library is amazing. Consider joining us?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BWIChicagoland/

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"