April 2012 Moms

Humidifier

The rule on the packaging says that I'm supposed to use distilled water. I'm a rule follower, but that's a real pain in the butt. We've been using filtered water, but even that's annoying, since only our basement faucet has a filter on it, and it takes for.ev.er to fill up the jug of water (and it's cold down there!). Our humidifier needs re-filled every other day.

What type of water do you use for your humidifier?  

Micah Leonard
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Humidifier

• Apparently I need to read directions. We use water out of the tap for C's humidifier, but I hate the thing. It's a Vicks one that I've had for a little while because I get sinus infections easily. It's a pain in the rear end to clean and gets disgusting. DH and I have been talking about buying a new one, we just haven't. Any suggestions on humidifiers anyone's happy with are welcome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have always filled it right out of the tap.   I have a Crane one and it has a filter in it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • we use water directly from the kitchen sink. No filter or anything. And it never occurred to me that it would need anything else so I never bothered to read the directions. LOL.  I think I'm not going to start now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • G'duh. I feel dumb. We first got a humidifier when I was pg, because I kept getting bloody noses. I'm beyond a type A personality and read all of the fine print, that yelled at me for ever considering filtered water over distilled and that I would put horrible toxins into the air and fill the humidifier with filth by doing so. If we ever let the red light (empty light) come on, we were instructed to SCRUB every last inch of the machine, because bacteria would immediately start growing when the water ran out. This was in addition to weekly cleanings required. Screw the freaking filter! I'm going tap!

FWIW, we don't have a filter in ours. We have the Sunbeam Warm Mist for our room and the Safety 1st Soothing Mist for LO's room.

Thanks ladies! 

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I agree it's a pain but I use distilled water as well.  But that is because we have extremely hard water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have just been using water out of our Brita pitcher. We have a Crane.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"