Pregnant after 35

I guess I should clarify: my 20 week U/S

Sorry-- since I have to go back for a follow-up this coming Tuesday, I didn't think much about it. And I forget who I tell things to, so I thought y'all knew already!

So. My 20 week U/S was last Tuesday. But P?pite wasn't cooperating, so we got no profile view and because P?pite was spine up, the tech couldn't get photos of the heart without shadowing so we have to come back to see if they can get better views of the heart so the doc can check it out for defects. We DID, however, get a great view of the brain and spinal cord-- all of which is looking good and, more importantly, is completely inside the baby's body. One of my biggest concerns. Baby was marching like a Russian soldier in formation and kept putting its hand up to his head (which I'm hoping stops at time of delivery because I hear that can cause all sorts of damage to the vajayjay which requires internal stitching-- ouchies!). Everything measured on target.

I learned today, from my OB, that I have a 2 vessel cord, but the doc isn't worried about it. It may require monthly U/S (darn!) but she didn't have me schedule another one, so I'm not sure whether that is going to happen or not. I'll have to check with them on Tuesday when I go in for my follow-up U/S. Hopefully, P?pite will cooperate and be facing the right way to get a good view of the heart and its profile.

Also, I learned today that I definitely have pregnancy-related carpal tunnel, so I am going to go to a PT to get some help and some braces. Hopefully, that will be enough to curb it so I can avoid the hydrocortisone injections and still be able to work without having to go on leave early like a coworker had to do.

Sooooo that's my update. Otherwise, I'm doing well. No more nausea unless I smell something with my Pregnancy Super Sniffer (the dog's food makes me gag, as do some patients at work). I have some sciatic pain which sucks, but is manageable. I can feel the actual kicks as more than just bubbles, which is MAGIC, PURE MAGIC, BABY! and I love it.

You know what else I love? MY COMPRESSION SOCKS!! I love the argyle ones even more than the diamond ones. They are AWESOME. Best thing I've done for myself in a long time!
*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: I guess I should clarify: my 20 week U/S

• That all sounds great! Where did you find cute compression socks?
  • TravelSmith!
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Loading the player...
  • My baby boy was the same way at my a/s spine up, so I went back last week to get better pics of the heart and face. He's still spine up but doc could see his heart.

Glad to hear you will be monitored more with the two vessel cord, but I think as long as baby measures on track, it shouldn't be an issue.

Oh! I need me some compression socks! My cankles are not pretty!

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Yay for good news and compression socks!!  I hope the PT helps with the carpal tunnel!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Everything sounds great! I had to go for a level 2 ultrasound because they couldn't get all the views of the heart also. I guess that happens a lot. I'm glad all is well and you feel better too.
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Sounds great, glad baby is looking healthy!  I know a woman who also had severe carpal tunnel with her first pregnancy.  She did the shots too and I think it helped some, but she still had a tough time.  It went away after delivery and did not return with her second pregnancy, so there's that as hope for the future at least. 
    Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • My DS had a 2 vessel cord which caused me all kind of anxiety. It was fine though. My OB scheduled a fetal echocardiogram because if it and I started weekly NSTs at 38 weeks. I never did go into labor on my own, but I held out as long as 41 weeks 2 days before agreeing to induction. I hope all continues well for you and I hope your that carpel tunnel gets better!

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"