Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

First birthday photo ideas for baby girl?

DD turns 1 in 2 months and I am taking her on her birthday to get her pictures taken.  I'm not sure how to dress her or what props to bring.  I'll probably do a picture in just her bright pink cloth diaper maybe with a cute bow in her hair.  Also, her greatgrandmother bought her a beautiful dress but I'm not sure if it will fit her (It is 18 months and she is on the smaller side).  Any other ideas?  I know tutus are very popular now but I am finding that they are expensive and I don't know if it's worth it to spend 30+ dollars on a tutu that she will wear for a few pictures.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First birthday photo ideas for baby girl?

• Options

If you really like the tutu idea you could make one...you just need and elastic band and some tulle which you can get at a craft store. Just cut the tulle into strips and tie it around the elastic. Or you could see if your could buy/borrow one from a friend/family member or ebay/craigslist.

What about using a ribbon and "wrapping" her like a present?

What about having a cupcake as a prop or birthday paper for her to tear into?

Does here nursery have a theme that you could use as a prop? What about a pet name that you use for DD that you could use as a prop (ex: DS room is turtles/sea life and his nick name is monkey man).

Is there a unique nb photo you had taken that you could recreate now that she is 1 yr old? 

Just some initial thoughts... 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

A couple we are doing are:

The cake smash.

Her name is Kaylee, I found a big cardboard "K" and painted it pink for a prop, and the same thing with a big cardboard "1"

We are doing a "Pretty in Pink" party so we got her a pink tutu, matching hair clip, and a couple of big dress up necklaces. 

and pretty much anything else pink I can find. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

tutus are sooo easy to make! ive made my daughter 3 or 4 of then. you can use a long piece of pretty ribbon to loop the tulle to instead of elastic that way you just tie it into a bow and it will fit around her for a couple of years. there are a lot of tutorials out on pinterest but you can just google them. 

https://paigeandbrooke.blogspot.com/2009/06/easy-no-sew-tutu-tutorial.html

this page should help its a tutorial with elastic. 

some other picture ideas are a little birthday crown, maybe a cute pearl necklace, 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"