Health & Exercise
Options

going to cry, postpartum AF issues

So my first AF came back at 5 months PP, and was 13 days and heavy. I knew it could be long and heavy, so I didn't think anything of it. Then 10 days after it stopped, it came back, and I am now on day 23 of my period! Yesterday it was so heavy I stood up and it gushed down my legs (sorry TMI). I called the doctor and I am on a super high dose of progesterone to try and get it to stop. I can't take estrogen to stop it bec I am EBF and it dries up your supply. I just want to cry I feel so awful and sick and gross. I am not anemic, they did check that.

Anyone else with this issue? Wasn't sure where to post this on. Any resources? Could there be another issue causing this? We want to TTC#2 in a couple months, but I feel like I'm never going to stop bleeding long enough to do that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: going to cry, postpartum AF issues

• Options
    Sorry you are dealing with this - I don't have any advice - I was on birth control by 6 weeks pp both times so it wasn't an issue. Maybe post on 0-3 mos?
  • Options

Check your Thyroid and Vitamin D & B levels...  Both are tied to heavy AF and there's a such thing as "PP Thyroiditis" where it's a temporary condition...

Good luck!!!  It's that or start investing into Kimberly Clark so you get dividend checks back...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks! I will ask for the thyroid test. Is "PP thyroiditis" testable?

I should def invest...;)

• Options
    imageMetholicBlog:

thanks! I will ask for the thyroid test. Is "PP thyroiditis" testable?

I should def invest...;)

Yes, it's the same as regular thyroid testing...  Make sure they test your TSH, T3 and T4...  If you're at all off, go see an endocrinologist for getting the dosage stuff figured out because once it is diagnosed it's a process for things to regulate out (think a while worth of 6wks to 3mo to 6mo retests to get things leveled.  It's a pain but WELL worth it if the thyroid is the problem.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I had to literally FORCE my doctor to test me and the results just came back and I have it. But now she is being horrible, she wants to retest me but will only test the TSH and not the T3 T4 ect. I am SO mad. I have a call in to another doctor but I am so worried as I EBF and my 7mo old has had poor weight gain issues and I am worried she is not getting the nutrition she needs as a result of this on my breastmilk. I will look into an endocrinologist.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"