C-sections
Options

Dumb question

If in fact baby A doesn't flip and I have to have a csection, who will perform it? My ob or a surgeon?

Also, if my twins come early do they quickly cut the cord or will my husband be allowed to do it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Dumb question

• Options

At my hospital there are always two doctors attending c-sections. My doctor is there, plus another OB. 

I don't know about cutting the cord, sorry! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image~Kat~:

At my hospital there are always two doctors attending c-sections. My doctor is there, plus another OB. 

I don't know about cutting the cord, sorry! 

This is the same at my hospital. The OB cut the cord. I don't think anyone I know had anyone other then the OB cut the cord. But that might just be my area. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had an emergency c-section. My midwife and the ob were both there. My midwife assisted with the c-section.

My DH was allowed to cut the cord.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

If it's scheduled, it will probably be with your OB (or the OB from your practice that is on call that day) plus an assistant- usually another OB, but maybe a general surgeon if they're busy or doing it at a weird time.  If you're unscheduled, you'll probably just have the OB that's on call performing it with an assistant.

You'll have to ask the doc about the cord- if it's important to your DH to cut it, let them know.  My doc did the main cut, and then DH got to do another "ceremonial" cut once DS was in the bassinet.  

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My OB preformed the cseaction. There was no other surgeons in the room. The people in the room included my OB, the scrub tech, nurse and anesthesiologist.... And DH.

My DH cut the cord. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My OB did the CS, and since I did not have a family doctor, the doctor on call was the designated ''baby-catcher''.

OB cut my cord (I was still cut open and needing to be closed up) but FI got to cut it shorter in the bassinet.

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • Options
    My OB performed my cs. I'm not sure about the cord cutting with twins. I know my ob asked DH if he wanted to do it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Your ob is a surgeon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My experience was that my doc (FP) was there for the baby and a surgeon that I'd never met before actually delivered my son. They cut the cord right away but DH was able to cut the cord to the shorter length after DS was checked a bit to be sure he was breathing well and didn't need any extra support.
  • Options
    We had an emergency C-Section, and they still offered my husband to cut the cord.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"