Military Families

green to gold

Has anyone on here gone green to gold w/ a kiddo? Assuming he gets it, we will be leaving Germany and going back to Louisiana this summer.

I know as far as benefits go we will have what the GI Bill offers, and tricare for 6 months.

Any tips? How far before school starts did you leave? (reg says no less than 30 days) Did any of your moving expenses get re-imbursed?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: green to gold

• Which g2g program is he applying for? My husband is g2g active duty, which is a 2 year program. We get his SGT pay, BAH, Tricare benefits, and his GI bill pays for school. It is a reeeeaaally sweet deal! If he is going g2g 2 year scholarship he will get all of the above except for rank pay. If he is going 4 year and using the GI bill then he would just have tuition and BAH covered. Tricare would still last for a few months, but I am not sure it is 6. I would suggest calling Tricare directly to confirm how many months you would still be covered. 

Sorry I can't answer anything specific about doing this with a child...we have no children (see siggy).  

Good luck...I remember this time 2 years ago when we were anxiously waiting to find out if he got in. It is a stressful wait!

TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oops, forgot to add...

We found out at the end of June that he had been accepted. We did not get orders until the end of July, and our report date was August 18. So...we only had three weeks between getting orders and needing to report, and he had to start class a week after we moved. It was stressful, but definitely worth it in the end! 

TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"