Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Vitamins

Our doctors have never mentioned needing them so we haven't ever given them any, but I'm a little worried about DS's lack of veggie intake....is there a vitamin that helps make up for this?

Also, does eating lots of fruit provide the same nutrients as veggies?  He loves his fruit and I always thought that was the balance but I do get a little concerned about him not getting any greens...

Anyone know anything about this?;)

You are so money and you don't even know it.

Re: Vitamins

• Options
    Fruit has a lot of natural sugar and greens provide iron and a lot of beneficial vitamins. I give DS (4) one flinstone vitamin a day (the ones WITH iron) because I can't get him to eat as many veggies as I'd like him to eat. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My daughter gets an all-natural children's multi-vitamin.   But you can also try making a fruit smoothie and putting kale in it.  They will never taste the kale.  Also, the cookbook Deceptively Delicious is all about how to hide healthy things in fun foods for kids.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pedi suggested if the kids don't eat a balanced meal each day (w/ vegis) to feed them a vitamin. We do Flintstones. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLoCarb:
    My pedi suggested if the kids don't eat a balanced meal each day (w/ vegis) to feed them a vitamin. We do Flintstones. 
    This. I think we just moved from flintstones to the target gummies. Funny about the flintstones b/c DS was like, "who is this?" haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD1 is such a picky eater that we give her a multivitamin with iron. She gets the Target Up and Up gummy version of the Flintstone gummies.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We give DS a multi vit, fish oil, and elderberry syrup in the winter.
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Flintstones, one per day.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"