Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Confused on shoe size

My 9 1/2 month old is starting to try walking out, well he's now standing on his own anyway! He fits in 9-12 month soft soled shoes. But I don't know what size he would be in infant/toddler shoes? TIA any information is helpful (:

Also, if this helps, my son has had what everyone called 'big feet' haha. 

image image image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Confused on shoe size

• Options

Probably a size 4 - give or take a 1/2 size. Maybe even a 5 but that would be pretty big?

6-9 month is supposed to be about a 3, and 9-12 is a 4. The soft sole ones seem a little bigger than the flexy rubber sole ones. DS has kind of wide feet and Stride Rite's fit him best (plus they have some great flexible soles for beginner walkers). He is at a size 4 1/2 at 12 months. I bought some Robeez online and they were too small even though the soft sole ones of the same size fit him perfectly. I would suggest just taking him to a store and trying a few out! 

• Options

We just had DS2 sized at StrideRite and bought him his first pair of shoes.  He measured at a 4w but they recommended a 4.5w since their feet grow so fast.  Put him in a 4.5w and he was happily cruising around. 

If you have a StrideRite, they are very helpful and knowledgable and there was no pressure for us to buy shoes once he was sized but we were already planning on it because I wanted a good, solid pair of shoes (we went with the Stage 2 which have the soft sole but are more structured than Robeez). 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    they sell them at Nordstrom too (just FYI)
  • Options
    My DD wears size 2 right now. She was 17 lbs 4oz and 27 inches at her 9 month check up. 6-12 month socks still fit okay, but we will size up soon.
  • Options
    I would definitely take him to be sized at a shoe store (Stride Rite is great).
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    imageJENandJEH:

We just had DS2 sized at StrideRite and bought him his first pair of shoes.  He measured at a 4w but they recommended a 4.5w since their feet grow so fast.  Put him in a 4.5w and he was happily cruising around. 

If you have a StrideRite, they are very helpful and knowledgable and there was no pressure for us to buy shoes once he was sized but we were already planning on it because I wanted a good, solid pair of shoes (we went with the Stage 2 which have the soft sole but are more structured than Robeez). 

We did, too. It was helpful (and surprising) to know what his actual size was. He measured a 5.5 wide and we bought a 6 for room to grow. His feet are kind of enormous for his age! We bought a Stage 2 shoe, too but I still usually send him in Robeez to daycare since it's easier (they stay on his feet and are like slippers).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageJENandJEH:

This!  Get your LO measured.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"