Blended Families

Child Support Payments via State

Hello!

My DH's ExW has primary/physical custody of their DD.  He had been paying CS directly to her, depositing the money into her bank acct.  At a hearing for her ex parte motion last Oct, an IDO was ordered.  It went into effect on Dec (he paid directly to her as directed by the court and his attorney in Nov).

My question is this: She is stating she has not received any CS since Nov, when he stopped putting the money directly into her account.  Does it take over a month for the state to cut a check when they're being paid?  Our attorney has already verified the money is being paid to the state.  This is in Florida, if that helps. 

Re: Child Support Payments via State

• We have joint custody but I pay my exH because I make more. It is directly taken from my check since he and his wife applied for welfare it is then given to him I think by automatic payment with in days. When I switched to SAHM my payments we taken out of my benefits check but I had to mail in one months payment until the switch took effect. It took a bit longer to process but only by 4-5 business days but I did get text the day he expected payment to arrive asking if I was paying CS that month even though I had already mailed check.

I don't think that it should take this long but since that state has verified they have received the money then the responsibility is not on your shoulders.

BTW I am in Vegas

• My understanding is yes it can take a little while for the administration to get set up. I would assume she would get a check next month. She should call to find out her case managers name that gets things going a little quicker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would suggest she call the CS office (each state has a different name) and verify they have her correct information. It could be they are waiting on her to confirm information before they send anything out. As long as you have proof it is being garnished from his wages you are fine.
    ~Amy
  • As long as your DH can prove he has been paying the State, then the onus in getting the Child Support payments falls on her. 

Now, if your DH wants to step a bit and maybe send her gift cards to the local grocery store or maybe pay a small portion of her utilities directly to the gas/electric company, then she will most definitley have nothing to complian about.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • My DH just had an IDO ordered in his case and the way our lawyer put it was that it can take time depending on the payroll company but as long as it is coming out of his check, we have no control over when it gets to her and frankly it's not our problem. We paid directly to her and always on time so now she will still get it when the state get it worked out and that's out of our control.
  • Try this link and maybe send it to her as well.

https://www.myfloridacounty.com/child_support/index.html

You'll need case #

If you can't access for some reason, she can call the county clerk of court for status updates on payment.

• In my case I was not getting check bc they were sending them to the address on the original divorce decree ... Frm 3 yrs ago. I had to go in person to file a change of address to start getting checks. I'd tell her to go to the child support office and see someone in person to get it sorted out.
  • My first payment was recieved via check in the mail. It could be that she hasn't recieved a payment through direct deposite because the first goes in the mail. After that it takes about a month to recieve the info to set up payments via a prepaid card or direct deposite. Once that is set up as long as payments are made she should get regular payments within 3 days after YH has paid.

As for YH end if he is getting CS taken from his checks and that has recently began depending on the employer it can take several months for that to be set up or the employer may make a payment of a lump sum to the agency once a month(which could be received by the middle of the next month, so his employer takes a lump sum of the total paychecks for the month of December they send that to the agency by the first Friday in January BM doesn' receive payment until the second week in Jan...if that makes sence)

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • My DH just had an IDO ordered in his case and the way our lawyer put it was that it can take time depending on the payroll company but as long as it is coming out of his check, we have no control over when it gets to her and frankly it's not our problem. We paid directly to her and always on time so now she will still get it when the state get it worked out and that's out of our control.
  • Thank you all!!!  We've been getting concerned.  I like the idea of putting some money towards the utilities.  I would send gift cards, but they live in a very, very rural area with no major stores.  I have no idea where she does the grocery shopping.

DH's ExW has contacted his attorney (she's pro se) and was told it is being paid, it's been verified and she'll have to contact the state.  Apparently, this isn't working for her, so she's asking DH to do so.  He can't get any info on where the payments are going, only that they are being made.  I was just wondering if it actually took this long.  It's been six weeks since the first payment was sent.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"