5 Thing Thursday

Here we are again...

1) Favorite movie quote?  Why?

2) All time favorite song?  Why?

3) Favorite thing about your spouse?

4 and 5 are you

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• 1) Favorite movie quote?  Why?

Randall from Clerks (original): "This job would be great if it weren't for the f**king customers".  Often reminds me of my job.

Stone Temple Pilots "Interstate Love Song", my favorite song from a pretty good time in my life.

Favorite thing is she gets me.  I have an occasionally odd sense of humor, and way of thinking and she gets it.

4) Between watching movies and some of his toys, he can identify and say 8 different super heroes at 25 months.  He knows Batman, Robin, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Hulk, Iron Man and Spider-man.  Only Iron Man and Hulk really came from watching movies (he loves the Avengers movie).

5) My wife is having NSTs twice a week right now due to her gestational diabetes... and my son is not cooperating during them.  The first time he wouldn't stop moving, ever since, he's gone like a submarine... quiet and deep.  They keep saying he looks OK, so I guess it is good.  He moves around at home and when she's at work, so it isn't like he's not moving.  I just hope it isn't a sign of things to come when he's out.

"This is my new mop. George, my friend, he gave me this mop. This is a pretty good mop. It's not as good as my first mop. I miss my first mop, but this is still a good mop. Sometimes you just hafta take what life gives ya, 'cause life is like a mop and sometimes life gets full of dirt and crud and bugs and hairballs and stuff... you, you, you gotta clean it out. You, you, you gotta put it in here and rinse it off and start all over again and, and sometimes, sometimes life sticks to the floor so bad you know a mop, a mop, it's not good enough, it's not good enough. You, you gotta get down there, like, with a toothbrush, you know, and you gotta, you gotta really scrub 'cause you gotta get it off. You gotta really try to get it off. But if that doesn't work, that doesn't work, you can't give up. You gotta, you gotta stand right up. You, you gotta run to a window and say, "Hey! These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!" ~ Stanley Spadowski in UHF

Ridiculous way to talk about persevering in life.

Phish - Rift

Incredibly supportive of me.  Anything I do or think about doing she is behind me 100%.  Even if it would involve a change in our lifestyle she is on board.

4) Our babymoon in San Diego was awesome.  I got to do some beer stuff.  She got to soak up some sun.  I surprised her by arranging a dinner with one of her best friends who now lives in LA.  She was beyond excited.

5) The list of things to get done before the baby arrives just seems to be getting longer no matter what we do. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagePrime:

"This is my new mop. George, my friend, he gave me this mop. This is a pretty good mop. It's not as good as my first mop. I miss my first mop, but this is still a good mop. Sometimes you just hafta take what life gives ya, 'cause life is like a mop and sometimes life gets full of dirt and crud and bugs and hairballs and stuff... you, you, you gotta clean it out. You, you, you gotta put it in here and rinse it off and start all over again and, and sometimes, sometimes life sticks to the floor so bad you know a mop, a mop, it's not good enough, it's not good enough. You, you gotta get down there, like, with a toothbrush, you know, and you gotta, you gotta really scrub 'cause you gotta get it off. You gotta really try to get it off. But if that doesn't work, that doesn't work, you can't give up. You gotta, you gotta stand right up. You, you gotta run to a window and say, "Hey! These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!" ~ Stanley Spadowski in UHF

5) The list of things to get done before the baby arrives just seems to be getting longer no matter what we do. 

Didn't think anyone would use UHF as a reference, but I love that movie. 

As far as the list goes, I am in the middle of experiencing the same.  You knock 1 thing off the list and think of 2 more to go on the list.

• 1) Favorite movie quote:  "Well, the world needs ditch diggers too." Judge Smails, Caddyshack. One of my all time favorite movies, and this line is something anyone of my uncles would say to us boys when we were young men with no direction or motivation.

2) All time favorite song: This is a tossup between New Religion by Duran Duran (high School memories from the 80's are priceless.)  The eighties was the best time to be a teen....EVER! The second song would be Master of Puppets by Metallica.  My transition from teen to young adult led me down the road of metal, and Masters is one of the most kicking-ass songs I have ever heard. As a former musician, it is hard for me to nail down one song that is my favorite, but these would be the two, today.

3) Favorite thing about your spouse: This is easy.  Her kind soul. She is by far the nicest, most caring person I have ever met in my life.

4) The Milwaukee Bucks are actually starting to look like an NBA team after a decade-plus of being the doormat of the league.

5) My son may be the coolest, most awesome son in the world!!  

4 and 5 are you

• 1) Favorite movie quote:  "Well, the world needs ditch diggers too." Judge Smails, Caddyshack. One of my all time favorite movies, and this line is something anyone of my uncles would say to us boys when we were young men with no direction or motivation.

2) All time favorite song: This is a tossup between New Religion by Duran Duran (high School memories from the 80's are priceless.)  The eighties was the best time to be a teen....EVER! The second song would be Master of Puppets by Metallica.  My transition from teen to young adult led me down the road of metal, and Masters is one of the most kicking-ass songs I have ever heard. As a former musician, it is hard for me to nail down one song that is my favorite, but these would be the two, today.

3) Favorite thing about your spouse: This is easy.  Her kind soul. She is by far the nicest, most caring person I have ever met in my life.

4) The Milwaukee Bucks are actually starting to look like an NBA team after a decade-plus of being the doormat of the league.

5) My son may be the coolest, most awesome son in the world!!

Um....this is going to say a lot about me, but back in college and 5-10 years after I was a dancer/actor and I could watch "Center Stage" all the time, super cheesy, but there is a scene where one dancer tells the other, "No matter what happens, just dance it." It's so stupid, but I have tons of friends who would tell me that no matter the situation, usually the weirder the situation the more it was used. Anatomy Test, just dance it......Having my first kid, just dance it. Dumb. But I've grown to like it.

LL Cool J's "Who Do You Love"....first song I played when I got my first car and I had the sun roof open and knew I was the coolest thing ever. I'm also a fan of Tamia's "Imagination", first song I every choreographed to. Oh the mid 90s.

My wife is crazy beautiful. She knows it too...so she works the hell out of it and I like it. AND it helps me up my game. I hate seeing beautiful ladies with fugly guys, so I have to work hard to keep myself from being fugly.

4) My kid wakes up during the middle of the night and baby talks for hours. It drives me insane and makes me crazy happy at the same time. I recorded it on my iPhone yesterday and I found myself listening to it in the car twice. I'm weird.

5) My kid is also use to waking up at 6am with us to get ready on weekdays....however he has no ideal how to turn it off on weekends, so Saturday, Sunday and Holidays we both lay in bed while he talks to his bibs and paci and I read. It's nice to bond that way. My wife.....totally checked out and sleeping hard. I have no idea how she does it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageColtsdad:

It's one of my guilty pleasure movies.

"Turtles.  Nature's suction cup."

• I love UHF. Highly underrated movie.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imagePrime:
    imageColtsdad:

It's one of my guilty pleasure movies.

"Turtles.  Nature's suction cup."

"Today, we are teaching poodles how to fly." 

• imagePrime:

Phish - Rift

Incredibly supportive of me.  Anything I do or think about doing she is behind me 100%.  Even if it would involve a change in our lifestyle she is on board.

4) Our babymoon in San Diego was awesome.  I got to do some beer stuff.  She got to soak up some sun.  I surprised her by arranging a dinner with one of her best friends who now lives in LA.  She was beyond excited.

A great, great movie!!!  Not on television nearly enough, so I am going to see if I can get it on netflix later this evening.  Thanks for the memory on this one!!

• imageDavidStamps:

Um....this is going to say a lot about me, but back in college and 5-10 years after I was a dancer/actor and I could watch "Center Stage" all the time, super cheesy, but there is a scene where one dancer tells the other, "No matter what happens, just dance it." It's so stupid, but I have tons of friends who would tell me that no matter the situation, usually the weirder the situation the more it was used. Anatomy Test, just dance it......Having my first kid, just dance it. Dumb. But I've grown to like it.

LL Cool J's "Who Do You Love"....first song I played when I got my first car and I had the sun roof open and knew I was the coolest thing ever. I'm also a fan of Tamia's "Imagination", first song I every choreographed to. Oh the mid 90s.

My wife is crazy beautiful. She knows it too...so she works the hell out of it and I like it. AND it helps me up my game. I hate seeing beautiful ladies with fugly guys, so I have to work hard to keep myself from being fugly.

4) My kid wakes up during the middle of the night and baby talks for hours. It drives me insane and makes me crazy happy at the same time. I recorded it on my iPhone yesterday and I found myself listening to it in the car twice. I'm weird.

5) My kid is also use to waking up at 6am with us to get ready on weekdays....however he has no ideal how to turn it off on weekends, so Saturday, Sunday and Holidays we both lay in bed while he talks to his bibs and paci and I read. It's nice to bond that way. My wife.....totally checked out and sleeping hard. I have no idea how she does it. 

That was the jam.  Don't know how old you are, but when that song came on in the clubs, girls would get straight insane!

• imageColtsdad:

Randall from Clerks (original): "This job would be great if it weren't for the f**king customers".  Often reminds me of my job.

Stone Temple Pilots "Interstate Love Song", my favorite song from a pretty good time in my life.

Favorite thing is she gets me.  I have an occasionally odd sense of humor, and way of thinking and she gets it.

4) Between watching movies and some of his toys, he can identify and say 8 different super heroes at 25 months.  He knows Batman, Robin, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Hulk, Iron Man and Spider-man.  Only Iron Man and Hulk really came from watching movies (he loves the Avengers movie).

5) My wife is having NSTs twice a week right now due to her gestational diabetes... and my son is not cooperating during them.  The first time he wouldn't stop moving, ever since, he's gone like a submarine... quiet and deep.  They keep saying he looks OK, so I guess it is good.  He moves around at home and when she's at work, so it isn't like he's not moving.  I just hope it isn't a sign of things to come when he's out.

Been there....done that.  I can tell you, once my wife got her diet under control she actually embraced it hardcore.  She even lost weight the last month she was pregnant.  The only real worry is that if it becomes to much of a complication, they will induce.  It really motivated her to stay healthy that last trimester.  Let me know if you have any questions about it, as the two of us became real pros in this area.

• imageladyjenna13:

A great, great movie!!!  Not on television nearly enough, so I am going to see if I can get it on netflix later this evening.  Thanks for the memory on this one!!

I know it was on the streaming service.  I don't know if it is still on there.

Surprised so many people like this movie.  That is awesome.

• Movie quote: Tis but a scratch

Favorite song: She Shook Me all Night Long and Sloop John B.

Spouse: She keeps me more even keel

Kid is now helping get the milk out of the fridge (when not full).

MIL is jealous since 11 year old SIL still can't do this all of the time.

• imagepolooo26:

5) Our son's birthday weekend was crazy. Sessema Street live on Thursday. T-Rex restraunt and T-Rex build-a-bear on Friday. Dinosaur themed kid party on Saturday (dino dig, coloring, a basement full of toys, pinata, good food, dinosaur cakes, dinosaur cookies, cupcakes and home made ice cream). Adult party on Sunday (Less activities, but we added ribs to the dinner food).

We went to our first kids party last weekend, it was equally bad ass...now my wife is nervous about our kids first, and we have 8 more months before we are even there!

• imagePrime:
    imageladyjenna13:

I know it was on the streaming service.  I don't know if it is still on there.

Surprised so many people like this movie.  That is awesome.

Still on netflix.  Started watching it last night.  I am at the part where Conan the Librarian commercial aired.  The boy with the late book gets sworded....AWESOME!

• imageladyjenna13:

Been there....done that.  I can tell you, once my wife got her diet under control she actually embraced it hardcore.  She even lost weight the last month she was pregnant.  The only real worry is that if it becomes to much of a complication, they will induce.  It really motivated her to stay healthy that last trimester.  Let me know if you have any questions about it, as the two of us became real pros in this area.

Thank you for the offer!  This is the 2nd kiddo for ColtsDad and I and I had gestational diabetes with the first too.  I'm insulin resistant when I'm not pregnant so I'm pretty used to the diet and fun stuff.  We only had to do 1 NST with our first but this one refuses to cooperate so twice a week it is.  Up until 32 weeks pregnant I had only gained 3 lbs but the past 2 weeks I finally managed to pack on a few lbs and now I'm up a grand 8 pounds for the pregnancy!  We had a c-section with our first and we are having a RCS with this one.  They told me yesterday if he doesn't start cooperating they might move up his c-section date.  Cross your fingers that he keeps his heart rate in check! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageonlymeggan:
    imageladyjenna13:

Thank you for the offer!  This is the 2nd kiddo for ColtsDad and I and I had gestational diabetes with the first too.  I'm insulin resistant when I'm not pregnant so I'm pretty used to the diet and fun stuff.  We only had to do 1 NST with our first but this one refuses to cooperate so twice a week it is.  Up until 32 weeks pregnant I had only gained 3 lbs but the past 2 weeks I finally managed to pack on a few lbs and now I'm up a grand 8 pounds for the pregnancy!  We had a c-section with our first and we are having a RCS with this one.  They told me yesterday if he doesn't start cooperating they might move up his c-section date.  Cross your fingers that he keeps his heart rate in check! 

fingers crossed!!! That heart rate game is brutal to go through for sure.

• 1) Favorite movie quote?  Why?I'll be the clich? Star Wars nerd and go with "Try not.  Do, or do not.  There is no try." 2) All time favorite song?  Why?I can pretty much sing along to the entire soundtrack from "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut" without trying even if I go several years in between listening to the songs.  I'm also a pretty huge Beatles fan, as well as Flogging Molly.So I did less "Favorite song," more "Here, let me list bands and music I like."  Sorry. 3) Favorite thing about your spouse?With a 13-day-old, I love that she's here and I'm not a single parent, because holy crap I could not do this on my own.  Normally, I love her sense of humor.  It's very dry, but she can always make me laugh. 4) Today was Fiona's baby naming ceremony.  A baby naming is the same concept as a Bris for a boy, but nothing is cut off.  The girl is welcomed into the covenant and given a Hebrew name.  She slept through the entire thing, which was great.5) My mom and brothers came up to meet Fiona and to go to the baby naming ceremony.  It's been in the teens here, temperature wise, and they were not thrilled about it, coming from NC and SC.  However, they all immediately fell in love with her, especially my mom who, in her words, has been waiting for a granddaughter since they pulled my younger brother out and he was a boy.  And we got some good pictures of Fi with her Nana and Uncles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"