Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Night wakings

I normally just lurk but I am at the breaking point so I have to ask. The past couple of weeks for us at bedtime have been ROUGH.  DD is... was... an awesome sleeper but now when we put her down, about an hour later she wakes up screaming.  We calm her down by walking around with her, letting her watch a few minutes of Yo Gabba (her fav), play a little, and finally when she is worn out enough, she goes back down.  This could be an hour. An hour later, she does the same thing.  This time we give her a bottle.  Then she usually wakes up again in the middle of the night.  Sometimes she is able to soothe herself back to sleep that time, but sometimes not.  I have tried letting her cry.  I have tried going in and laying her back down.  I have to be doing something wrong!  Any suggestions please!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg

Re: Night wakings

• I'm starting day one of the sleep sense program. I'm sure it was a waste of money but we are going through the same thing here. She has never been a good sleeper. You are not alone. My only advice would be to not get her up to play. That was she knows night time is for sleep. You are not doing anything wrong. Getting my baby to sleep is the hardest thing i have ever done. Does she have a stuffed animal or a little blanket to cuddle? I also would suggest trying white noise. 

• How long has it been going on? Could she have an ear infection? DD was a wonderful sleeper but when she had she woke crying constantly throughout the night. If she did it more than 2 nights in a row she always had one. She had no other signs, like fever, pulling on ear etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCheerio B:
    How long has it been going on? Could she have an ear infection? DD was a wonderful sleeper but when she had she woke crying constantly throughout the night. If she did it more than 2 nights in a row she always had one. She had no other signs, like fever, pulling on ear etc.

This for my ds too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think as tempting as it is, I'd refrain from the tv at the hour otherwise she will do to he to want that and over stimulate her. What a out turning the lights low and reading a book quietly. Or just rock her and humm and sing. Teach her that this is when we sleep, and when we wake up we have to try and go back. Sounds tough but you'd be surprised.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"