Blended Families

vent. HELP!

So I go and get my daughter from her dad (remember he has primary custody) A month ago she had a double ear infection two weeks ago it was pneumonia and this time worse. HE HAS NOT TAKEN HER TO THE DR AT ALL! I have to take her to urgent care when I have her. This is neglect! Medical neglect! I pick her up today and he tells me she is sick and out of school all week because she has ALLEGEYS from my CRAWL SPACE! are you kidding me! he has never even been in my house.! I get her home she is lethargic and has a 104.5 FEVER! I called the on call dr. and she agrees it is the flu. She never had her flu shot because her lovley father never took her! and when I tried to take her in to CVS they said she had to be 9. I tried there are over 20 kids who have died from this! I have a 6mo. old baby I have to worry about too now! IDK what to do. I don't know weather to call CPS, do I not give her back to him? do I file neglect charges? those who read my post know what I have been threw with him! WHAT DO I DO? I wrote OFC about the neglect 3 times and no response My baby girl is in bed crying help please tell me where to turn!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: vent. HELP!

• Take your DD to the Dr., Urgent Care, the ER, anything.  If she's that sick and has been for that long, so needs medical attention.  IMHO, that's the first step.  Getting her taken care of right now is the most important thing.
  • Document and hire an attorney.

That's my advice anyways. I'm sorry you are going through this. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with hire an attorney but it's not really medical neglect. Medical neglect is a kid who had their leg broken and it was never treated and got gangrene and fell off. Unfortunately that would be the only time they would get involved.

SS came to us with literally a hole in his face from where he "fell off a bike" we had to take him to get stitches. The case worker said "oh hm" nothing was ever done.

What you have is a bad parent. I really empathize with you because dealing with a bad parent is absolutely heart breaking when it comes to kids you care about
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Call her pedi and see if you can get her in this morning. If not, ask what they recommend you do. Then do that.

While you're waiting for the doc, jot down some notes about her condition and what you did. 

When she's better and all is well, call your attorney. You can call CPS if you think it will help, but I don't believe that this is something they would get involved in.

Really sorry that your kiddo is so sick. =( 

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"