VBAC

The Brewer's Diet?

Anyone ever heard of this or try it? (Sorry it's not clicky)

https://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/ 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: The Brewer's Diet?

• I haven't used it but I have an aunt who used it with most of her pregnancies. She loved it. I have heard that you gain alot of weight with it because of everything that you are supposed to eat...I'm more of the mindset if you are hungry eat, but make sure you are getting enough protein, veggi's and good fats. Lots of good clean real foods.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry, but HECK NO.  I have a todder and a full time career.  Just finding the time to prepare healthy meals and sit down to eat them was challenging enough.  That seems extremely controlled.  Plus, I was already up 3 times a night to pee, I'm not getting up to eat.  Sorry.

And WTF........."Inability to follow the diet is a medical emergency requiring prompt attention."

My pregnancy diet: 

1.  Eat when you're hungry

2.  Keep eating until you're not hungry any more

3.  Try to eat 5 fruits & veggies/day

4.  Try to eat fish once a week

5.  Take your prenatals

6.  Have yogurt or milk daily

7.  Leave room for donuts and other pastries.

8.  Replace alcohol with Martinelli's Apple Spritzer

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I generally tried to follow it in the 2nd half of my pregnancy. I don't think I got to all the items on the checklist most days, but it did encourage me to eat more dairy & leafy greens than I otherwise would have. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • "Real Food for Mother and Baby" by Nina Planck is a great book about nutrition during pregnancy. It's not a how-to manual by any means, but it's a better guide for what to eat, I think.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• imagecchill01:

I'm sorry, but HECK NO.  I have a todder and a full time career.  Just finding the time to prepare healthy meals and sit down to eat them was challenging enough.  That seems extremely controlled.  Plus, I was already up 3 times a night to pee, I'm not getting up to eat.  Sorry.

And WTF........."Inability to follow the diet is a medical emergency requiring prompt attention."

My pregnancy diet: 

1.  Eat when you're hungry

2.  Keep eating until you're not hungry any more

3.  Try to eat 5 fruits & veggies/day

4.  Try to eat fish once a week

5.  Take your prenatals

6.  Have yogurt or milk daily

7.  Leave room for donuts and other pastries.

8.  Replace alcohol with Martinelli's Apple Spritzer

Love this, ha!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Interesting responses. I have been using it as a guideline, though I am far from following it perfectly. I use the checklist at https://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/ and it helps keep my eating on track. And so far, following it, I've only gained 7 pounds, so I wouldn't say that's a lot of weight.  I think a whole cup of yogurt is a lot for one serving of dairy. I just eat one of those individual cups of Greek yogurt and count that as a serving. Also,  I ate a bag of gummy worms yesterday.  So, again, I'm far from perfect. But, I do feel it helps me make sure I get most of the nutrients I need from food.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"