Military Families

Pedi may drop Tricare... WWYD?

So we live in an area where medical care is all over the place. Our first pediatrician here was terrible and would prescribe things over the phone to avoid appointments, have super long wait times at the office, and wouldn't do down to the diaper exams with infants (just a quick lift of the shirt) which seemed odd to me, among other things. Tricare only covers a few other pedi's in the area, but we finally found a great office and doctor we love. The day before delivering LO3 I found out our office was no longer covering vaccinations for Tricare patients because they were losing too much money. Tricare and the office have been working together to try to resolve the issue, but still nothing has been decided. If they don't reach an agreement until the end of the month, our office is dropping Tricare patients all together. The two other highly recommended pedi's that take Tricare aren't taking new patients, so we'd be going back to our original pedi who we very much disliked. I'm so frustrated, and a bit overwhelmed knowing my 2 week old will need her 2 month shots, and as of right now I'll have to drive 2 hours to Ft. Polk to get them Sad I've never had issues with Tricare, but this all just seems so messed up to me. Should I just switch providers now, or wait and hope this gets resolved?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pedi may drop Tricare... WWYD?

• First wait and see if it get resolved. If not, call the other two doctors again to see if anything opened up. If not, you can call tricare and tell them that you receive substandard care from your original pedi and see what they recommend. Perhaps switching to standard to see more doctors in network may be an option.

CJ 05/29/2013

• There are tri care coverages that lets you pick any doctor but you'll have deductibles and co pays. Might be worth it. You could offer your Pedi that you file the claims yourself (it's an option if you love the new Pedi that much). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLeahCK:
    There are tri care coverages that lets you pick any doctor but you'll have deductibles and co pays. Might be worth it. You could offer your Pedi that you file the claims yourself it's an option if you love the new Pedi that much.nbsp;

Good to know. I'll have to look into that some more. Thanks!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"