May 2013 Moms

I think my co-worker just called me fat - rant

My co-worker just told me that I am looking SUPER pregnant.  I said, well, I am 24 weeks pregnant.  She said that with my other co-worker, you couldn't even tell that she was pregnant until she was about 8 months along... but that's probably because she was always running and eating healthy.

I thought my belly was looking cute.  I was even accentuating it today with an empire top cinched at the waist.  I have gained too much weight, but my midwife said it was within reason.  I know I shouldn't let her comments affect me, but now I feel enormous and insecure :(

Under what circumstances is it OK to make those kinds of comments about my body?  I am also tired, as an example, of people telling me about how I am going to HAVE to use an epidural because birth is so hard when I haven't asked their opinion or brought up that topic.  I feel like many people are trying to scare me about birth, make me feel badly about my body, etc... I wish we lived in a culture where pregnant women were viewed as a more beautiful thing.

Re: I think my co-worker just called me fat - rant

• Ugh...I hate peoples rudeness. As long as you think you look good, nothing else matters.

April 29, 2013
    8 pound 4 ounces
    20 1/2"

DX: 2001 Severe Endometriosis 
    5/2006: BFP 5/2006: M/C
    10/2008: TTC W/Severe Endo
    1/2010: 6 cycles with Clomid=all BFN
    9/5/2012: BFP 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TheCraftyPie/265482416859470

• It is never ok to comment on anyone's weight, ever.  Tell me where you are and I'll come down there and kick her in the junk.  I'm itching for a fight today.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMinnesotanMom:

My co-worker just told me that I am looking SUPER pregnant.  I said, well, I am 24 weeks pregnant.  She said that with my other co-worker, you couldn't even tell that she was pregnant until she was about 8 months along... but that's probably because she was always running and eating healthy.

I thought my belly was looking cute.  I was even accentuating it today with an empire top cinched at the waist.  I have gained too much weight, but my midwife said it was within reason.  I know I shouldn't let her comments affect me, but now I feel enormous and insecure :(

Under what circumstances is it OK to make those kinds of comments about my body?  I am also tired, as an example, of people telling me about how I am going to HAVE to use an epidural because birth is so hard when I haven't asked their opinion or brought up that topic.  I feel like many people are trying to scare me about birth, make me feel badly about my body, etc... I wish we lived in a culture where pregnant women were viewed as a more beautiful thing.

I would say none - although I'm sure you meant this as a rhetorical question. Smile

My coworkers keep commenting on my boobs (which have grown two cup sizes) and saying "just wait until your milk comes in!!"  Ugh.  All right - my boobs are big.  Whatever.  You don't need to point it out.

Edit - Spelling

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Ugh, sorry your coworker's a moron. I got a comment like this a few weeks ago ("I wasn't that big until I was 9 months pregnant") and it totally bummed me out for the whole day. Just embrace your beautiful belly and she can F off!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Your co-worker is a snatch. I don't know why pregnancy/babies make people have verbal diarrhea, but it's obnoxious. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Uhhh....I don't understand people and why they feel the need to comment? 
  • Your coworker sounds like a ***.  Can I say that on the bump?

ETA: Nope.  Guess I can't.  But she does. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Uncouth and inappropriate.  It's even worse if the co-worker is male.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Last Wednesday, a coworker told me how BIG I was for being 5 months along (I'm measuring right on track) and coworker #2 couldn't believe how rude she was to say something like that.  Well, fast forward to today when CW #2 decided it was ok to tell me that she thinks I'm having a girl because my asss has spread.  WTF?!?!  Last week you said that no one should comment on another person's body but this week you can tell me that my asss is spreading?  I may or may not have told her to suck my ***.  
    Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Under NO circumstances is it OK for others to comment on your body! This totally annoys me - you are expecting, you're beautiful, and please don't let anyone make you feel otherwise! Keep rockin your belly!! 
  • She sounds like a peach.

Sorry. :( 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I just don't understand why people think they can say anything they want to a pregnant woman.  Ridiculous!  I would've popped her one!  :)
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• I probably would have made a comment about how old she looked, or something equally insulting. Some people have to learn the hard way that it's not open season on pregnant women.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"