TTC after 35

RE appt

I had my appt with the RE today.  Yea - finally, this should have happened back in October (darn Hurricane Sandy).  The dr was super nice & enthusiastic.  Lots of bloodwork for DH & myself.  Good thing is I can get mine out of the way tomorrow since it is day 3 for me.

Internal ultrasound looked good.  I had a few follies in both ovaries.  He is testing to see the quality of my eggs & quantity I have left.  I am very curious to see what they say.  He is adding Vit D to both of our diets (I do take a 1-a-day, but he wants a much higher dose).  He also gave me a Rx for a very high dose if my bloodwork is lacking in the D dept.

Dh did come to the appt, which made me really happy.  While I was waiting for the Dr to come back into the exam room, DH asked me "do you really want to have a baby?"  I said "yes, yes I do very much & I teared up." and he looked at me in a way that made me think that he may rethink the IUI idea.  I am not getting my hopes up, but I think he is reconsidering the idea since he now realizes just how much this means to me & it is not just that I am doing it for him.  Hopefully we get our answers fast & can move on to figuring out what has to happen.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RE appt

• Sounds like you had a great appointment! Congrats!
    Me:37 DH:40 Married 7/2009 TTC since 5/2012 
    BFP 4/2013, Our Christmas Miracle Due 12/18/2013
  • Whoop whoop!!! Glad things are looking good! any plans yet or waiting till all tests are back? Nice touch with the tears ;) kidding, I know you were serious, I am glad he went with you, know you were hoping he would.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • Did the doctor explain why he wanted to make sure you both have enough vitamin D?   I am glad the appointment went well.
  • I'm glad the appointment went well and YH went with you :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• As to the vitamin d, he probably mentioned why, but it was all a blur. Even dh can't remember. We do remember he said 2000mg. My one a day has only 800. They must sell it as a 2k pill because he said that we should both take one everyday, and he mentioned gel tabs. If I am deficient my Rx is for 50,000 units - one per wk for 12 weeks.

dh read that zinc is supposed to help the swimmers. Lol, he is doing his own research ..  

Over dinner we discussed it more & although  he still feels we shouldn't interfere with Mother Nature, he is open to trying other things. He did say if we make a Petrie dish baby, that he wants to choose the sex & wants a boy.. I told him, no I would want one of each. Lol. I don't see us ever going down that route, but at least I can try IUI if I wanted to. He can't get over how much I want a baby & wants to make me happy.  I hope we get our wish the natural way, but if not, at least we will consider other options...

• Heather, right now we both are getting blood work done & he has to donate in a cup. Dr said to figure that out first. He did say my thyroid is slightly high (tsh was 3.76) & wants to figure out why - he is running all the day 3 tests along with amh, digging deeper into thyroid cause & genetic stuff. Dh will get blood work done ASAP this wk also. 

Oh, he also is keeping the Brick office, he changed his mind ;)

• Wow, I went for my bloodwork this morning - yikes, it was a ton of viles...  They may as well taken a pint LOL.  I did fast just in case & when I asked the woman taking my blood (same one that took my 3 day bw last time whom did IVF - & has twins from it) she said anytime they check Prolactin, or really any hormones, you should fast.  Good to know.  My DH now knows he should fast for his ;)
  • So glad the visit went well and that DH is on board.  It makes a difference.  Hope they can get you to your BFP.

Wish you hadn't reminded me about all of the viles they take because I have a strong feeling I'm going to be going for CD3 BW this weekend :-(

Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Good luck!

Yes that is a high TSH for TTC, hopefully he figures it out why.  If he puts you on thyroid meds it should go down fairly quickly.

Vit D is linked to infertility but they don't know why... I have been reading about it and it is interesting... I have thyroid issues as well and they could be linked.  I am now on Vit D in high doses and it has helped my levels and leg cramps I was getting.

Good luck!

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• What a good DH I have, he got his bloodwork done this morning too :)  Surprise...  He only had 6 viles - not fair.  He also went to CVS and bought the Vit D.  He only found D3 in that high of a dose & it was gel pills, which I do remember Doc talking about.  KSGSMU - is that the vit D you take - d3?  Now to get the SA done Stick out tongue

My ob/gyn would not give me thyroid meds, I asked him about it.  He did say the RE will probably put me on meds since in the RE's eyes that level is considered high..  RE is digging deeper into cause of thyroid - then I guess he will figure out if I need pills for it or not.

• imagerobbensm:

So glad the visit went well and that DH is on board.  It makes a difference.  Hope they can get you to your BFP.

Wish you hadn't reminded me about all of the viles they take because I have a strong feeling I'm going to be going for CD3 BW this weekend :-(

SORRY - just don't look, keep talking to the person taking the blood LOL.  I was happy mine could relate, so we talked about her experience with IF

• Yea the RE has me in Vit D as well, but my blood test came back low for it. I too had way too much blood taken, he tested for genetics stuff too. He also put me on metformin, which I don't remember why I taking I just do.

Glad he is keeping the brick office f
    or you : the little silver is sooo convenient for me but its nice to know the brick office us there if ever needed.

My Ovulation Chart

3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Oh I am glad DH is more open to ideas of assistance!

If he does his sa in this cold make sure he keeps sample against his body for warmth! It is just too freaking cold!

My Ovulation Chart

3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• SA is set for 7am tomorrow - Thursday.  Boy is it cold out there.  I just hope that is horrible head cold would affect the analysis.  He has been taking daytime meds - over the counter stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"