2nd Trimester

13 weeks and showing

Ok so, everyone says you cannot be showing before like 18 weeks....I am 13 weeks, almost 14 weeks with my first baby and I have a definite bump and my belly is getting rounder....am I crazy? Am I having a giant baby or twins lol?
When did you show with your first?

Re: 13 weeks and showing

• 13 weeks? It is possible, or bloat. With my first I didnt show till like 22-23 weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ha ha!! We are all very different so you can most definitely have a "bump" I was showing between 15.5-16 wks not just bloat anymore ;-) This is my first also!! My mom said when she had me she didn't really show until she was almost 7 months, but I am built completely different then her!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am also 13 weeks and DH and I can def see a little bump going on(:
  • I started showing early as well not a lot but you can tell i was pregnant i started showing around 12-13 weeks . This is also my first child as well and it's crazy how early i started. I am 19 weeks now with a cute baby bump. A lot of people will say its too early and it's prob bloating but Everyone is different. Congrats on your pregnancy and rock that baby bump ! =)

• Are you sure it's not just bloating? Your uterus is just barely above your pelvic bone at this point. 

https://www.pregosaur.com/2009/06/embryonic-stages-of-development.html

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and I would say I definitely noticed changes that early. It's probably not "showing" in the traditional sense of it being the baby, but probably your intestines, etc moving around to make room for the baby. But it's still caused by the pregnancy and it made me not fit in my pants, so I counted it as showing. 

Also, just for reference, I'm a pretty small lady (normally a size 0). My mom is small as well and says she didn't show until 6 months.  

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • that is possible, this is my first and I have been showing since week 16.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I def have a bump.  This is my 2nd pregnancy- first child (1st pregnancy-lost at 9 weeks).  People stare at it and also say, "OOHHH you have a bump".  (which I love)  I'm so excited for it to keep growing. 

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Meh, it'll probably go down a bit before it's actual baby causing the bump. Right now, it's not; the baby is the size of a peach and wouldn't be causing protrusion yet. But it could easily be a combo of bloat, your uterus starting to rise above the pelvic bone, and your muscles etc. reorganizing. You'll know when it's actually a baby bump - that shitt's hard as a rock.

Everyone shows differently. I didn't show until about 22w with DD. This time, I was bloated to the high heavens starting early, and had some roundness by 12w. Popped at 18w.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I love it when people insist that something can't happen because it didn't happen to them.  I was showing at 11.5 weeks!  REALLY showing, too.  Like, strangers asking me when I'm due showing.  I figured it was just bloat, but bloat that never went away.  I was trying to fit into my PP shirts and tops and was showing bear skin under shirts that used to be long on me.  It was ridiculous.

Then I see my MW this Monday (13 weeks, 5 days) and she takes one looks at me and asks if I'm sure that I'm 14 weeks.  This was my first appointment with her and I had a dating ultrasound done at 7 weeks at a different clinic so I assured her I was.  She immediately insisted on feeling and measuring me because she said my "bump" was a 16-18 week bump.  She said by feeling she'd guess 16 weeks, although I measured right on target for 14.  She did schedule another dating u/s to confirm since early u/s can be a bit off, but since we're pretty certain we know when we conceived I don't think they'll find that I'm further along.  Probably just have excess fluid or the baby is positioned high or something.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• imageJCWhitey:

She did schedule another dating u/s to confirm since early u/s can be a bit off,

That's not even a little bit true. The earlier the u/s the more correct and determining the date. The later the u/s the more of a chance that genetics and so forth take over. It's not even considered a dating u/s past 12 weeks.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageJCWhitey:

I love it when people insist that something can't happen because it didn't happen to them.  I was showing at 11.5 weeks!  REALLY showing, too.  Like, strangers asking me when I'm due showing.  I figured it was just bloat, but bloat that never went away.  I was trying to fit into my PP shirts and tops and was showing bear skin under shirts that used to be long on me.  It was ridiculous.

Then I see my MW this Monday (13 weeks, 5 days) and she takes one looks at me and asks if I'm sure that I'm 14 weeks.  This was my first appointment with her and I had a dating ultrasound done at 7 weeks at a different clinic so I assured her I was.  She immediately insisted on feeling and measuring me because she said my "bump" was a 16-18 week bump.  She said by feeling she'd guess 16 weeks, although I measured right on target for 14.  She did schedule another dating u/s to confirm since early u/s can be a bit off, but since we're pretty certain we know when we conceived I don't think they'll find that I'm further along.  Probably just have excess fluid or the baby is positioned high or something.

But you know, everyone is an expert...

a lady at work yesterday asked if I was showing, looked at my pokey belly (it was covered before) and said "not at all!" Yeah...it's hard belly and that crap just makes me feel fat. ::eye roll:: 

• Is it possible that it's bloat?  I'm a FTM and I'm 13 weeks, 4 days.  I have absolutely no sign of a bump, but I am horribly bloated.  
  • With my first I think I started showing at 16-17 weeks I remember joking with a doctor that worked in ER with me when I had my 20 week anatomy scan. He was teasing me that there must be an extra baby hiding in there. This is my third and I was crazy bloated but it went down about 11 weeks. Last week at my Midwife appointment my BP was high and had to go back today to get it checked. Last week pants were tight but nothing noticable. Today she laughed at me because I said, " I am not sure what happend I woke up a few days ago and I had baby bump" She said, "Yup babies and teenagers have a way of growing like that"

• I was definitely showing at 13 weeks with this one! My doctor agreed - it was not bloat (firm and never went away). He said it wasn't baby, but it was my body internally preparing. I've gotten a little bit bigger ever since, but it definitely wasn't bloat (I experienced that with my second pregnancy).
    DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • imageBelhurstBride:
    imageJCWhitey:

She did schedule another dating u/s to confirm since early u/s can be a bit off,

That's not even a little bit true. The earlier the u/s the more correct and determining the date. The later the u/s the more of a chance that genetics and so forth take over. It's not even considered a dating u/s past 12 weeks.  

Um... OK.  Out of curiosity are you an u/s tech or doctor?  Since I got my info from the OB who did the u/s that said that between 5-8 weeks the u/s can be off +/- an entire week when done topically and not vaginally, which is why he didn't change my due date when my 7 week, 2 day u/s came back as 6 weeks, 5 days, and said I'm likely right on target.  I think I'm going to take his word over yours, if you don't mind.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• For all the pp's that asked about it being my bloat, I am positive it isn't bloat. I have always had a little pouch where most women do around the belly button area and then my pelvic area has always been completely flat. Now, I can feel each side of my uterus and see where it sticks out.

My midwife confirmed that it is my uterus...so my uterus does stick out farther than my pelvic bone.

Side note: My midwife also explained to me that some women's uterus' naturally sit far back while others sit forward, close to the pelvic area. This is why women can hear a heartbeat earlier than others. So I really don't think that there can be a general answer for everyone being that some start farther within the pelvis than others do...at least that's what my midwife told me.
  • I started showing at about 13.5 weeks. I am larger and have some belly fat so I think that got "pushed" up and that is what is most noticeable now.  My shirts suddenly became short on me within days. 
  • I'm 13w1day and I swear I'm showing too.  I've also read all the posts and others say it's not possible.  But... no one is the same, some I'm not sure how anyone can give such advice.  I will say that my stomach isn't as firm as I think it probably should be, so some of mine could be bloat.  However, it doesn't really feel like bloat at this point.  Either way, even if we do have bloat, it's probably not going away before the bump starts showing... so I'm trying to just enjoy the fact that I have something to start showing off!
  • imageJCWhitey:
    imageBelhurstBride:
    imageJCWhitey:

Um... OK.  Out of curiosity are you an u/s tech or doctor?  Since I got my info from the OB who did the u/s that said that between 5-8 weeks the u/s can be off +/- an entire week when done topically and not vaginally, which is why he didn't change my due date when my 7 week, 2 day u/s came back as 6 weeks, 5 days, and said I'm likely right on target.  I think I'm going to take his word over yours, if you don't mind.

My gyn said that the U/s at 12w was most accurate, more so than 6w. After that they're unreliable. 

I had bloat, it went away, and now my there's this awkward gap between my shirts and my trousers, that has never been there before. I'm not calling this bloat anymore. It may be intestines moving, whatever, it is caused by my pregnancy, so yay. Not that anyone who doesn't know me would notice, or even someone who does, but DH and I see it and we're happy. 

• imageJCWhitey:
    imageBelhurstBride:
    imageJCWhitey:

LOL I don't know why a trusted OB would have an ultrasound done topically that early anyway. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Check this out. I never got the whole bloat thing. This shows it perfectly. Your other organs move around to prepare for baby space. I think it's probably your intestines. Although also at 12 weeks your ute does pass your pelvic bone. For me, mine is higher, soi think it's other organs, lol

https://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/you/the-exhibit/your-beginning/make-room-for-baby/interactive/

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• imageJCWhitey:
    imageBelhurstBride:
    imageJCWhitey:

I was told the same thing at my dating ultrasound. I was 7.6 weeks and messured at 6.6 weeks, my ob told me that they have a +/- 7 day error, and now baby was measuring right on target at my 13 weeks ultrasound (mmhhm, past 12 weeks and more accurate than my dating ultrasound)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Everyone is different. I am almost 15 weeks and I am showing. I'm actually quite big for how far along I am. My dr says everyone is different and it's always possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"