Food Allergy
Options

Pregnant with Allergies

I keep getting a really bad rash on my big tummy.. the doc gave me meds for them and it started subsiding  but once the meds were over, it came back... He told me to avoid junk food at all costs and I am... I'm already lactose intolerant, and i'm staying away from all my usual triggers.. is it possible that with the baby, he/she could be allergic and therefore I am getting the reaction? I don't know if this is silly/possible.. but i'm just worried...
Sabby Ray Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

Re: Pregnant with Allergies

• Options
    i'm not much help. What doc did you go see? OB? I have never heard of a baby being allergic inside the womb, but i would check with the doctor. BUT, i have heard of pregnant women having a body rash, especially late in the pregnancy. Someone at my work had it and said it was perfectly normal but just very uncomfortable. She's out of the office today so i can't ask her the name. i think if anything, you would be the one with the allergy. My allergist said that anyone can be tested for allergies and have positives, but our bodies never react to them.. so maybe the pregnancy made your body react to something? Either way, i would call your OB and ask about the rash. And i would take your doctors advise and avoid junk food. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"