C-sections
Options

internals?

Just read another post (on 3rd tri I think) about getting internals done at later appointments. Since I'm scheduled for surgery anyway, will the OB still do internals? Does it matter that much if I am dilated if I'm going in for surgery anyway? Even dilating a bit doesn't necessarily  mean I'm going to go into labor, so why check?
OMG too many tickers...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: internals?

• Options

I think they will check you. Leading up to your surgery day they will want to know if things are changing. If the suspect you may go into labor earlier then expected they would need to know that to prepare prevent an emergency c-section. 

I didn't know I was going to have a csection but I was first checked at 36 weeks. Many docs wait much longer then that, maybe 38 weeks.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagealizabethanne:

I think they will check you. Leading up to your surgery day they will want to know if things are changing. If the suspect you may go into labor earlier then expected they would need to know that to prepare prevent an emergency c-section. 

I didn't know I was going to have a csection but I was first checked at 36 weeks. Many docs wait much longer then that, maybe 38 weeks.

Actually, probably not.  I had a scheduled c-section due to my DD being breech and I never had a single internal.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've only had internals for my 4th c-section and that was ONLY because I had a new OB at 37 weeks (long story). Otherwise, it doesn't matter.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I did not get checked before my scheduled csection.
  • Options

I had no internals with my planned c-section.  The first, and only, time I was checked was when I got to the hospital after laboring at home for a few hours.

I know different practices do things different things. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't have any internals, but my OB doesn't usually do them unless a patient requests to be checked or the patient is close to her due date.
                      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"