November 2011 Moms
Options

Baby Carrier: Ring Sling?

Those of you who have used a ring sling, what is your favorite brand? I'm shopping around for a new carrier that I can use now with my toddlers and when our new baby comesin Aug/Sept. The ring sling sounds really useful and what I'm looking for. I have had a moby wrap, mai tie carrier, & a baby bjorn which I haven't liked with my other two.

Re: Baby Carrier: Ring Sling?

• Options

I loved my ring sling when DS was smaller, but now that he's bigger I can't carry him in it for too long, so I don't know if it would be good for you. I do still use mine occasionally for short periods, mostly back carries. I have a SweetPea ring sling. I've also heard good things about Maya Wrap.

Another option is a structured carrier, like an Ergo or Boba. I have a Boba and love it! I use it all the time. I've only had it for the past 4 months, so I don't have experience using it with a smaller baby, but I know it can be. I've used a Bjorn, and it doesn't begin to compare to the Boba. The boba is so much more comfortable, plus it's really easy and quick to put on.  

After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Just something to think about: make sure you can put your heavy child on your back. My DS is 23 pounds and I can't have him on my side anymore. With you being pregnant, it would be hard for you to do either soon. I don't even use my ring sling anymore because DS just can't stay still.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually just ordered a Maya Wrap Ring Sling. I also have a Boba 3g which I LOVE but I wanted something a) more "cozy" for a newborn (hopefully KTFU soon!) and b) something that's easier on/off for running errands than strapping DS in the Boba. I ordered from quirkybaby.com and I cannot recommend them enough! The customer service is great, and for every $75 you spend, you get a free gift. Also,any wrap or maya wrap ring slings are 10% off with code NEW2013. if you're unsure which carrier to get, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "QB Quiz" you fill out all the info and Rachel, the owner, emails you which carrier she thinks is best based on your body size, what you need it for, etc. Good luck!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"