Maryland Babies

s/o 3 day potty training

To top off the general awesomeness that is day 1, on today's second poop on the potty attempt, midway through a push Maddox opened his mouth and puked all over both of us. 

Pregnancy rules out a strong drink and GD rules out a pan of brownies.  I am officially a woman in need of a vice.

lovelylittleworld
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d

Re: s/o 3 day potty training

• OMG.  I think this tops my pee puddle/slip incident.  Maybe your vice can be excessive online shopping?  Hang in there!

P.S.  I didn't know you had GD.  I had it too.  It was a joke because my diet was so controlled and my numbers so low that I always had ice cream at the end of the night.  But it completely sucked getting the diagnosis and having to change a bunch of things. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagengentile:

OMG.  I think this tops my pee puddle/slip incident.  Maybe your vice can be excessive online shopping?  Hang in there!

P.S.  I didn't know you had GD.  I had it too.  It was a joke because my diet was so controlled and my numbers so low that I always had ice cream at the end of the night.  But it completely sucked getting the diagnosis and having to change a bunch of things. 

Yeah...this particular event didn't seem FB appropriate for sharing.  You called it on the online shopping, though.  M is napping now and I'm doing some serious damage to Amazon's Aden & Anais inventory.

The GD is ridiculous.  I've gained half the weight this pregnancy that I did last time and been so strict with my diet, and still my numbers are wacky - especially the fasting ones.  I technically passed the 3 hour (only fasting was elevated) but because of some other issues they sent me to MD Perinatal, where every week a dietician inspects my numbers and an u/s tech checks my poor kid to make sure he's not getting too fat.

lovelylittleworld
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, did he poop in the potty after the puke at least? Omg. More power to you! I wish there was an easy vice for you. You're so close! Both in terms if having your baby and Maddox being PT'd :
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMegcheer2:
    Well, did he poop in the potty after the puke at least? Omg. More power to you! I wish there was an easy vice for you. You're so close! Both in terms if having your baby and Maddox being PT'd :

Well, the vomit incident sort of derailed us...but he did have success a few hours later.  AND he just called us to come get him from bed so that he could go to the bathroom again...so all in all I'd call this a successful first day, even if I did get puked on.

Also, as of 9:30 this morning we have a crib and dresser - so after this weekend I'd say I'm officially more or less ready for baby #2.  Bring him on!!

lovelylittleworld
  • Definitely a successful first day! We are still so proud of Sydney when she gets up from bed to go - that's a big step.
  • Day 2: Great success!!  Not one accident - he even woke up from his nap dry.  I credit both him and the motivational power of leftover Hanukkah gelt.
    lovelylittleworld
  • imageRagdolls:
    Day 2: Great success!!nbsp; Not one accident he even woke up from his nap dry.nbsp; I credit both him and the motivational power of leftover Hanukkah gelt.

Rock on!!! I'm so excited for you!!
  • imageMegcheer2:
    imageRagdolls:
    Day 2: Great success!!nbsp; Not one accident he even woke up from his nap dry.nbsp; I credit both him and the motivational power of leftover Hanukkah gelt.
    Rock on!!! I'm so excited for you!!

I'm so insanely jealous of you but in the best way possible :)  Good for you!! 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh. Late on this I had GD too and had the same experience. Wacky numbers, especially after dinner. Limiting stress, lots of water, and walking helped. She was still not even 6 pounds and I only gained 16 pounds being pregnant due to the diet. Craziness. Glad you have the nursery furniture!
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"