June 2012 Moms
Options

Where is your monitor camera?

Right now our video monitor camera is directly above DS's crib hanging on the wall. The OCD side of me is dying to move it so that I can hang a quilt on the wall above the crib and balance out the decor on that wall. (The back of the crib is very high, so I am pretty sure that DS will not be able to reach the quilt and pull it off the wall any time in the next few years.) I am going to test out angles later, but it's tricky b/c I can't have the monitor in the room as the camera b/c it gets feedback on the mic. Anyway, I need ideas of other spots to try placing the camera.

Re: Where is your monitor camera?

• Options

Hahaha balancing out the decor is something my OCD would make me do too!

We have our monitor camera mounted to a shelf that is across from his crib.  It works perfectly!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    Our camera is on the wall above the crib, too. But it pans, tilts, and turns to the point where I can see the ceiling and even the wall it is mounted on, all under the control of the monitor handset. I can truly put it anywhere in the room and I'd still be able to see DS. Could you put it across the room?

Turn the sound all the way down on the monitor handset and it shouldn't feedback while you're in the room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ours is on her book shelf.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BRBR member
    Ours is on a high shelf across from her crib.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Both the cameras in the big boys room and nursery are up in the corner near the ceiling. Ours pans/tilts though. 

It would drive me crazy to if the decor wasn't balanced out 

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ours pans and tilts, but only so far. I think I'm going to wind up hanging it on the wall beside the quilt or above it. I've got to get my stepladder out tomorrow and hope that DS is more cooperative about the mission than he was today.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"