Florida Babies
Options

Pregancy Symptoms gone wild......

Hi Everyone, 

This is my second pregnancy (fourth if I count the two miscarriages) and my symptoms are all over the place. I am 7 weeks pregnant and these are my symptoms: nauseous all day long but no need to throw up (I feel like I have a massive hangover all day, everyday); extremely bloated and have indigestion (I feel like I look 5 months pregnant already); EXTREMELY irritable (I should just not talk to anyone); Crazy vivid dreams all night long (contributing to lack of sleep I suppose);  can't stop my head from hitting my desk in the afternoon (nothing seems to shake my fatigue); one minute I'm hot, the next I'm cold (which contributes to me waking up sweating because I bundled myself up before I went to bed). I'm sure I'm missing something, but these are the ones standing out. Any suggestions or words of comfort :)

Re: Pregancy Symptoms gone wild......

• Options
    Keep a fan and a heating pad by your bed- easy to cool off/heat up quickly!  Hang in there, it will get better!
  • Options

I am currently 13 weeks and I experienced a lot of the same symptoms.  As far as the nausea, try ginger ale or eating more frequent small meals.  I had to eat small snacks (healthy) even when I wasn't really hungry because I noticed if I waited till I was hungry, I would end up so nauseous I couldn't eat.  Also, try to get as much fresh air as possible.  Being in the a/c seemed to make it worse, and I work at an office job.  I would try to take a break twice a day and walk outside for a few minutes. This helped.  As far as being bloated, I recommend increasing fiber, fig newtons and blackberries worked for me.  With being bloated, nauseous, tired, hot/cold..it's no wonder we're so irritable ;).  I had crazy dreams, and severe insomnia.  I would try to walk for 15-30 minutes sometime before bed, and it helped my insomnia a bit.  I keep a fan at my desk and had one at night.  Make sure you have cotton sheets (I had jersey before I was pregnant and these had to go because they made me hotter).  I also have had terrible headaches and migraines.  Check with your doctor, but my doc recommended a little caffeine.  I wasn't much of a soda or coffee drinker, but when I felt one coming on, I would drink a half can of coke and it would help sometimes.  If that didn't, tylenol and sleep would help. 

Good luck! It will hopefully get better soon! For me, it wasn't until about 11-12 weeks, but these things all helped ease the issues!!

Congrats! Hopefully it won't last too much longer!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh! and Peppermint helps the nausea too!!! :)
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestions!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"