Detroit Babies
Options

Providence Southfield vs. Providence Park

I have been reading mixed reviews on these two and wanted to know if anyone has delivered at either of these hospitals and your experience.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Providence Southfield vs. Providence Park

• Options

I delivered twins over 4 years ago at Providence Southfield and was inpatient there (on bedrest) for 4.5 weeks and cannot say enough GREAT things about my experiences. I had awesome nurses and physicians.

If I was to have another baby I would deliver there in a heartbeat.

• Options

I delivered 4 years ago at the Park and will be doing it again in May. I really like the fact that the Park is a LDRP. I had a healthy pregnancy first time and my son was born at term (37 weeks) we spent 4 days in the SCNU and all of the staff were amazing!

What are your concerns between the two? My sister delivered at Southfield 5 years ago and than choose the Park with her 3 year old. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered at Providence Southfield and had a great experience. Previous to my pregnancy, I had a miscarriage that ended in a d&c that was performed there and the nurses were so incredibly caring. The way they handled such an upsetting situation along with making it run as smoothly as possible was amazing. It was beyond what I would've ever expected. I was so moved by it, I chose to deliver there, too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for all of your responses!  I didn't really know much about either hospital and when a friend found out that my doctor delivered out of Providence she immediately said go to Novi,but she never said why.  She made me feel like if I delivered at Southfield I would have a terrible experience (she did not deliver at either Southfield or Park), so I was just trying to get an idea of what other people who actually delivered there thought.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered at Soutfhield 5 years ago and I plan to have my twins there this spring. If I weren't having twins this time around I might have gone with Novi only because the rooms are newer/bigger (from my understanding). However, Southfield is better equiped to deal with complications if my twins do come early so I'm sticking with them. I really like my doctor and the nursing staff was great. I have no complaints at all. Unlike Novi, Southfield does have some semi-private rooms (2 moms to a room). However, those are typically only used by people who do not have private insurance.

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"