Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Book recommendations??

Anyone read any good books regarding Third-Party Reproduction?? I'm currently reading "Mommies, Daddies, Donors, and Surrogates: Answering Tough Questions and Building Strong Families" 

This is the only book my library had regarding using  donor eggs....I just started it so not sure if I'll like it. 

I'm up for any suggestions!

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD conceived with no issues, but born at 33 weeks due to PPROM
loss #1-06/2010 loss #2-2/2011 loss #3-5/2011
07/2011 dx with a Balanced Translocation
9/2011-decided on domestic infant adoption 10/2011-signed with an agency and getting ready for homestudy :)
12-2012-after being with our agency over a year and only shown to EM once we decided to talk with RE about DEIVF. Thru a crazy sequence of events we decided to go for it and we picked a donor MUCH quicker than anticipated
1/13/2013-started lupron with anticipated transfer in mid Feb.
ER 2/15 resulted in 15 eggs/10M/6F with ICSI.
2/18 transferred 1-8cell and 1-9cell embie. Snuggle in little embies.
positive on HPT 6dp3dt. Could this really be IT?!?! Beta 14dp3dt=2440. U/S scheduled for 3/20. Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Book recommendations??

• Options
    I read Having Babies through Egg Donation. I also read Confessions of a Serial Egg Donor to get a look into the other side.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm reading "helping the stork".  It really has opened my DH and myself's eyes about DS.
    Married since June 2011, MFI due to chemo, Me:No issues detected 1st IUI February 19th 2013 using DS +Femara & Injectables= BFP!!! Everyone Welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto to "Having Your Baby through Egg Donation."  That was the only one I read.  GL!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My clinic gave me a whole list of recommended reading.  Other than what was mentioned already, here's what else is on the list:

Behind Closed Doors: Moving Beyond Secrecy and Shame 

Third Party Assisted Conception Across Cultures: Social, Legal & Ethical Perspectives

Telling & Talking About Donor Conception: A Guide for Parents  Series of booklets are available for download at www.donor-conception-network.org/tellandtalk.htm

The Insider's Guide to Egg Donation: A Compassionate and Comprehensive Guide for All Parents-to-Be

They also gave me a list of books that are geared towards children if/when you are choosing to tell them of their history.  If anyone is interested, just let me know.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Thanks everybody!!! I'll check those out :)

strunella-if you have a list handy I'd love to see the children's books. Our bio DD is 5 and I struggle with how to eventually explain everything to her...as well as our hopeful new addition someday :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD conceived with no issues, but born at 33 weeks due to PPROM
    loss #1-06/2010 loss #2-2/2011 loss #3-5/2011
    07/2011 dx with a Balanced Translocation
    9/2011-decided on domestic infant adoption 10/2011-signed with an agency and getting ready for homestudy :)
    12-2012-after being with our agency over a year and only shown to EM once we decided to talk with RE about DEIVF. Thru a crazy sequence of events we decided to go for it and we picked a donor MUCH quicker than anticipated
    1/13/2013-started lupron with anticipated transfer in mid Feb.
    ER 2/15 resulted in 15 eggs/10M/6F with ICSI.
    2/18 transferred 1-8cell and 1-9cell embie. Snuggle in little embies.
    positive on HPT 6dp3dt. Could this really be IT?!?! Beta 14dp3dt=2440. U/S scheduled for 3/20. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagelynn0926:
    I read Having Babies through Egg Donation. I also read Confessions of a Serial Egg Donor to get a look into the other side.

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    imagelynn0926:

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"