New Hampshire Babies

NH getaway

I'm from MA and want to go on a babymoon. Id like to go somewhere warm but it's not really in my budget right now. Is there anywhere in NH that would be a nice relaxing get away in the winter without all the skiing/winter activities I can't participate in? I know this is a long shot but figured it was worth asking. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NH getaway

• My husband and I like to stay overnight in Portsmouth, NH at least once per year.  We stay at the Sharaton downtown and walk around to all the shops.  Then we normally have a really nice dinner and go out for drinks after.  Drinks are probably not in the cards at least for you but it still could be fun.  There is probably a spa downtown that you could go to if that's something you like. 

We also stayed overnight at a Bed & Breakfast in Woodstock, VT a few years back for Valentines Day.  We got a room with a big tub for two and it had a fireplace which was really nice.  Again, during the day we walked around to shops and then had a really nice dinner.  You might be able to find a bed & breakfast that offers or is close to sleigh rides.  That could be a winter activity that you can do?

• My husband and I went to the Inn at Thorn Hill in Jackson NH for our babymoon. It was fantastic!! They had a great special that included breakfast and dinner, and I had a wonderful prenatal treatment at the spa there. Plus the outlets in North Conway are only about 15 minutes away. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I know you said NH. But in Wells, Maine there is aa great place right on the ocean. Lafayette Oceanfront Resort. They have an indoor pool and hot tub(your DH can use). We go a few times a year it's so cheap in the winter. Wellsbeachmaine.com
  • I went to North Conway last winter for weekend getaway, I was 5 months along so no skiing for me, but the Spa I went to was amazing! We stayed at a condo near Attitash and I went to the Red Jacket spa. 

• I would reccomend Christmas Farm Inn in Jackson.  They have a spa on site along with indoor pool and the outlets near by.  We went after our wedding.  The people there were great!  They helped to set up an entire day after our wedding that cost us next to nothing.
  • I second the Portsmouth idea- such a great little city to spend some time in- great restaurants and shopping, and the outlets in Kittery Maine are only about 5 minutes from there.

My husband and I had a nice qiet weekend at the Inns and Spa at Mills Falls up on Winnipesaukee. Very nice, quiet place to relax- great food there as well.

If you can wait until the spring, head up to the Mount Washington Resort- we had an amazing time up there for a long weekend in the summer. It is off-peak at that time so you can get some great rates, and their spa is out of this world. Lots of little touristy things to do up in that area as well.

Have fun!

• How about a little further north? to Vermont?

The Essex Resort & Spa has occasional deals and this recent one is great!
    https://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/Boston/Getaway/37900

I've been a couple times! The spa is great! 

Cooking classes are fun and the food is delicious there.

Shopping outlets are very nearby along with a movie theatre.

Have fun planning!!! :)
    My husband and I are planning ours soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"