Two Under 2
Options

Hi. Came on to ask a sleep question.

Cell users: Hi. Came on to ask a sleep question.

My dd is 5 months. I let her sleep in bed with us. Several reasons.
1. I love having her so close
2. She's still nursing a ton
3. Afraid to put her in her room. I don't want her to wake DS. He's going through some 2 year old stuff right now and hearing her would likely frighten him. Then the whole house would be awake.

I suspect she would nurse less if she's in her own space. Not sure what i am really seeking here. Any suggestions? Should I boot her from my bed to a pnp. Suck it up and put her in her crib? Just enjoy the cuddles but lack of sleep?

What do you do?

CIO is not an option.

Also posted on bf and ap boards
"When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Sir James Barrie in Peter Pan

DS: 11/1/2010    DD: 8/9/2012       #3: 4/2019

Re: Hi. Came on to ask a sleep question.

• Options

DS2 does SO much better when he has his own space.  No harm in giving it a try, right?  We transitioned to his crib for naps at the 4 month mark.  Then, we started putting him in his own room for nighttime sleep as well.  It went MUCH more smoothly than I ever could have anticipated.

If your sleep and LO's sleep are suffering from bed-sharing, just give the separate sleeping arrangements a try.  Start with the PNP or the crib in your room and see if that's enough space to facilitate good sleep.  If that's no good, try giving LO a chance in a room other than yours and see how it goes...  it's not like you can't take things back to the way they were if these don't work out for you.

Good luck!! :)  

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We side car the crib to our bed and LO sleeps there but I just have to roll over grab her nurse her and put her back in her crib.  We co slept with DD1 and it ended up not working due to me losing sleep.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Bedsharing never worked for us. I just couldn't sleep if I had one of the girls in bed with me. 

After DD2 was born, we set up the PNP bassinet in our room. She slept in that until she hit the weight limit of 15 lbs around 6 months old. We then set up her crib in our room and she slept there until just this past November when she 15 months. We didn't move her into DD1's room until then. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"