July 2013 Moms
Options

Arm's Reach co-sleeper: mini vs original. Do you see a difference?

So I've been comparing these two Arm's Reach co-sleepers and they both say they fit up to 30lbs and they both say they fit the same height of adult bed.  I can't really seem to find a difference between these two other than about 70 dollars. Do any BTDT moms have experience with the Arm's Reach co-sleepers?  Can anyone speak to if there's a real benefit to having one over the other?  If not, I was thinking I might just order the mini....

Mini Co-sleeper:

https://www.target.com/p/arm-s-reach-mini-co-sleeper-bassinet/-/A-519071

Original co-sleeper:

https://www.target.com/p/arm-s-reach-natural-original-co-sleeper/-/A-534673

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

Re: Arm's Reach co-sleeper: mini vs original. Do you see a difference?

• Options

Target often has wrong info in the specs section...with one travel system on their site many people thought they were getting the snugride 30 and got the 22, which is a big difference in weight.

Anyway, I'd look at Arm's Reach's website (assuming they have one) and check teh specs out there.   

I'm doing that with strollers and car seats, etc... just to be sure the specs are accurate. 

ETA: I looked and the mini takes up less room (smaller specs) and only holds up to 23 pounds.     Though both say you should discontinue use around 5 months (if the baby can get on hands and knees)...I have no idea as I'm a FTM when that normally happens or what weight they'd be.    It also appears the original can be used as a play yard.. up to 50 lbs so maybe you'd get more of your money's worth out of it??

Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Options
    We had the larger one with DS and I loved it but DH hated how bulky it was. It was great for nursing until DS could be in bed with us. I kinda want to get it again...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I looked into this last time. We ended up with the regular size even though the smaller size would have fit better in our small house. It fit fine though, just didn't have much space between the bed and the wall so I had to always crawl off the end of the bed when I got up from sleeping :) I prefer the size though. It's a heavy/sturdy piece and we didn't travel much so I can't say it was good or bad for that. We also had the angelcare sensor monitor and that worked well under the mattress. We just put a piece of particle board below the square motion sensor (which would sound off if the baby stopped breathing). I'm not sure if we could have rigged a regular packnplay with that. DS sleeped in the arms reach sleeper for about 5 months and we moved him over to the nursery. We probably should have done it sooner. Boy, was he a loud sleeper LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    The mini is pretty small. We used it during the newborn stage, but once DS started rolling and being more mobile, we ended up moving him to his crib. We will be purchasing the original this time around.

ETA: The mini is like bassinet sized, while the original is more like a pack and play size.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If the baby is big they will outgrow the mini around 3-4 months. We had the mini and sold it at 3 months because she outgrew it. I'm either getting the original arm's reach or we might try a Rock-n-Play.
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • Options
    This is really good info, thanks, ladies! We have a tiny tiny bedroom, so space and size IS an issue but I don't want to pay a decent amount of money for something I'll use three months. Perhaps I'll try rearranging the bedroom to see if I can make more efficient space....

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

• Options

imageJellybean902:
    This is really good info, thanks, ladies! We have a tiny tiny bedroom, so space and size IS an issue but I don't want to pay a decent amount of money for something I'll use three months. Perhaps I'll try rearranging the bedroom to see if I can make more efficient space....

It can't be any smaller than ours LOL we can fit a queen bed and two nightstands...that's about it. But I was able to put the cosleeper lengthwise on my side of the bed, so it can work. Also if you ever use the "play" part, I think the original size makes more sense...there isn't much room in the mini. We found ours on craigslist for under $50 barely used.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"