November 2011 Moms
Options

Who does that?!

I was at Target today with DD.  She was sitting in the cart and I was at the end of the cart putting stuff in it (so not by DD is the point) and some woman walked up, started saying things to DD, and then KISSED DD ON HER HAND, turned and walked away.  OMG!  WTH?!  Who does that?!?!  (And it's flu season, for pete's sake!)

It all happened so fast that I didn't have time to even process it, let alone react to it.  It was WEIRD.

Anyone have any OMG/Who does that? stories to share?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Who does that?!

• Options
    People are weird and totally clueless. I would have said something or at least given her an obvious death glare. I give people death glares all the time if I get crazy vibes from them. I don't have any particular stories about touching DD, but some people's comments are strange sometimes.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, that's weird but I've seen it happen. The older generations tend to think it's ok, and it probably was in their time. But times have changed. At least she didn't trying to kiss her face.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRedCamaro:
    Yeah, that's weird but I've seen it happen. The older generations tend to think it's ok, and it probably was in their time. But times have changed. At least she didn't trying to kiss her face.

The weird thing is she wasn't that old.  She seemed maybe in her 40s?  I wouldn't be as shocked with a little old grandma type person.  Plus, usually these people want to say stuff to me about DD ("She's a doll", whatever), but this woman completely ignored me. 

Anyway.....it's just funny what people think they can do with other people's children/babies.  Why is it okay to do that to someone else's child when no one would do something like that to another adult.  Seriously - LOL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

It is odd.  I have a hard time even interracting with other children, worried that their parent will think I'm a crazy. 

I find that the oldies come up and can't get enough of DD. Especially the old dudes.  They so hilarious with her and then I find myself allowing them to touch her hand or something and I think "wtf is wrong with me" but then it's over and done with and DD and I are just left staring at eachother like "did that just happen?"  Nothing bad has happened but I need to stay on my toes bc not everyone is harmless.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageChan4dra04:

It is odd.  I have a hard time even interracting with other children, worried that their parent will think I'm a crazy. 

So when people come up and start touching my kid on the hands or face, I freak out--on the inside. I should probably remove their hands off her, but I sit there like a numskull and wait for them to finish. When they leave, I bust out the wipes and go to town. Icky!!! 

• Options
    really? this is quite interesting I usually dont think anything of people coming up and playing with my daugher of course im monitoring things so they dont like steal her or anything.  But I also come from a culture where physical contact is quite common among people and im huge on exposing my dd to the world so she develops a strong immune system.  obviously a nasty hobo with like grimy hands and that smells funny thats a different story.
  • Options

sadly my DD is the weirdo. she likes to walk around the grocery store and when she sees little kids she goes up to them and opens her arms for a hug, sometimes she goes right in for a hug before i can stop her (rookie mistake i continually repeat: being too far away to get in front of her) one poor girl, proably around 2.5 started crying (luckily my DH was in charge during that episode and i came around the corner at the end).

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"