Minnesota Babies
Options

Six Month Photos - Recommendations?

We did newborn photos, but haven't done any since. Although our photographer wasn't bad...she didn't really bring a lot of ideas and I've seen some others amazing photos. 

Anyone know of a decently priced photographer who is great with infants/kids? 

Re: Six Month Photos - Recommendations?

• Options

I've used the following and have been happy with all of them:

www.honeybeeandpeony.com

www.grumanphotography.com

www.jenniegaskins.com - she isn't really doing much work anymore.  I think she is doing occasional mini sessions now.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Kelly-Greenwalt-Photography/147170788640972?fref=ts - This is my sister and I've been using her for the last year.  Photos in siggy are from her and the albums labled Ellie and Mia are my girls.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options

https://www.ericawaughphotography.com/

she is soooo awesome and soooooo reasonably priced. our family is in her gallery(the one with the twins) she did such an awesome job and we couldnt be happier! check her out

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I highly recommend www.tarookephotography.com

We did maternity, newborn, 3, 6, 9, and 1 year photos. They all turned out amazing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Pixel Dust photography! Highly, highly recommended plus she has tons of props and ideas!
    a href="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Trying to Conceive" img src="http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt13d3b9.aspx" alt=" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker" border="0" / a
  • Options
    imageSteph+J:
    imageLara0802:

We did maternity, newborn, 3, 6, 9, and 1 year photos. They all turned out amazing.

for another perpective, we used Brooke and were highly disappointed. We felt very rushed and she seem annoyed that our 2 month old was fussy. After getting our pictures back we realized she's not very creative either. If you look on facebook she reuses many scenes and ideas from family to family.

I actually ended up using more pictures from my cell phone on our Christmas cards. 

That being said she was very friendly and super quick on email responses, and her prices are reasonable I suppose, considering they include all rights and a cd. 

Oh no. I'm sorry that you felt that way. I've recommended Brooke to lots of my family and friends and no one has ever had a bad experience with her. Seriously, I have recommended her for multiple weddings, and multiple babies and families, at least a dozen in total, and not one has ever said anything negative. I do know she takes a LOT of pictures so there is bound to be some duplication as far as creativity. I mean, how many ways can you photography a newborn? They are always sleeping Smile

Anyways, did you ever reach out to Brooke to tell her how you feel? I'm sure that she would want to know and would do what she could to make it right.

• Options
    imageSteph+J:
    imageLara0802:
    imageSteph+J:
    imageLara0802:

for another perpective, we used Brooke and were highly disappointed. We felt very rushed and she seem annoyed that our 2 month old was fussy. After getting our pictures back we realized she's not very creative either. If you look on facebook she reuses many scenes and ideas from family to family.

I actually ended up using more pictures from my cell phone on our Christmas cards. 

That being said she was very friendly and super quick on email responses, and her prices are reasonable I suppose, considering they include all rights and a cd. 

Oh no. I'm sorry that you felt that way. I've recommended Brooke to lots of my family and friends and no one has ever had a bad experience with her. Seriously, I have recommended her for multiple weddings, and multiple babies and families, at least a dozen in total, and not one has ever said anything negative. I do know she takes a LOT of pictures so there is bound to be some duplication as far as creativity. I mean, how many ways can you photography a newborn? They are always sleeping Smile

Anyways, did you ever reach out to Brooke to tell her how you feel? I'm sure that she would want to know and would do what she could to make it right.

It was all three of us. Brooke had the session very structured. We took very specific photos. I realize now that it's just not the style I'd prefer for family pictures. I never said anything ill about Brooke herself. In fact I said she was friendly and responsive.

I see there's no reason for me to reach out as you have already contacted her. I received an email this morning from Brooke asking me to take down this review, which I think is unprofessional, to be honest. As someone else who will be looking for photographers in the future, I would much prefer to hear both sides. I wish I would have looked into her facebook page more, so I would have realized that her style is repetitive. I think she does have some beautiful work, but our experience was less than perfect. And I think that's something that is more than fair for me to express when someone asks for recommendations. 

It's great that so many people have had good experiences with her. I'm not doubting that at all. My point was simply that we did not feel comfortable during our session, and were disappointed in the pictures we received. 

Well I guess you're one opinion. And I did inform Brooke about the bad review. Since I've used her so many times, I think it's best for her to know about reviews. I know I would want to. I am sorry you weren't happy, I just know that she would want to make it right if you gave her the chance, and it seems to me that you never did. I hope in the future you find a photographer that gives you what you are expecting.

Sorry to the original OPer, I didn't mean for my recommendation to cause all of this back and forth. Good luck finding a photographer. You have some great recommendations on this page. 

• Options
    We haved used Gruman Photography, Honeybee and Peony, LLC and Sunlit Photography. We loved them all!
  • Options

Interesting thread.  I am not impressed that a photographer would email a former client and ask them to take a review down.  I thought that Steph+J was pretty fair in her initial review...said she was nice but not her style. I think it should have been left at that.

I used Leeann at Honeybee...  I chose her because she has great work, a home studio, she offers a disc of images, and she is very reasonably priced. She was sweet during our session and responds quickly to email.  She is pregnant though and I think she is taking April off...can't remember her due date but she has been scheduling sessions in advance.  

• Options
    imageauroraloo:
    imageLara0802:

Sorry, Lara, but I have to call you on this. It's not your place to initiate contact on behalf of someone else whether that be the photographer or the dissatisfied client. Shame on you. From what I understand, she did not offer to fix anything or "make it right" despite your assurance that you just know she would want to. She merely asked that the review be taken down.

I'm very glad you're happy with your photos from the photographer. It's ok if someone else wasn't. In the future, stay out of other people's business transactions. Unless of course you are the photographer/close personal friend, in which case, you should disclose that, or it will merely further hurt the vendors business. 

Exactly. Well said Rora.

We've used Gruman Photography and Kristen Elizabeth Photography and have been very satisfied with both.

image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• Options

I have not used Kristen Elizabeth Photography, but I would consider using her. Her work looks great. I went to grad school with her and she is very nice. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"