Baby Names

Feminine form of Thomas

Just looking to see if anyone can suggest anything other than Thomasina and Tamsin. I like Tamsin but don't love it and can't find a name that I love to go with it. Whether it be first or middle name. So name combinations with Tamsin are welcome too! Would like to use Thomas after my dad if we have another girl since this is likely our last child. Also his initials were T.M.F. So maybe any name suggestions with these initials too.

Current names on our girl list are:
Livia 
Aveline
Simone
Miranda

So only Miranda is usable in the circumstances although I don't love it in the mn spot.

Thanks for any help!!
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Feminine form of Thomas

• Doesn't exactly sound like Thomas but the only name that popped in my head was Thora.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually kind of like Tamsin Miranda. It's not "my style", but it's not bad.

I also found the name Tomasa, a Spanish, feminine version of Thomas.

https://www.behindthename.com/name/tomasa

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the input! My maiden name is Feldman though...it doesn't really work.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecg2307:
    Thanks for the input! My maiden name is Feldman though...it doesn't really work.

No, but you could still use Thomas as MN and use a very feminine FN.  

• imageLhyacinth888:
    Doesn't exactly sound like Thomas but the only name that popped in my head was Thora.

This. Word for word.

• I agree with putting Thomas in the MN spot. Ilike all of your other fn choices.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTristaD81:
    I agree with putting Thomas in the MN spot. Ilike all of your other fn choices.

This.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This is actually really similar to Thomasina, but it's the only thing I can think of.  

Thomasine 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I think Tamsin sounds a lot like Thomas. There's also Thalia (not incredible similar, but an option nonetheless).

We are naming this baby's MN after my dad (Lauryn for Larry), and we thought of his first name and middle name and we even rearranged some letters in his name to see what we could come up with (for some reason, it took us a while to think of Lauren, and even longer to substitute the Y since he doesn't have an E in his name, but does have a Y).

Have you tried switching the letters around? For instance, Sam is the last three letters. Probably not ideal, but something to consider. Good luck!

DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • I really like Tamsin and Thora.

Not a huge fan of your girl names but if there is one that you really love, I would totally use it and put Thomas in the mn spot as other PPs suggested.

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • I really like Tamsin.  I know a little girl named Tommi.  Not my style but I think that's your only other option.  Or you could use Thomas as a middle name. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know a Tomasina (Italian family) who goes by Tommy
  • Timea Mckenzie

Thea Marley (My dd's name is Thea Kate and I love it!)

Thora Mae

Thelma Marie

Tamara Mckenna

Tamra Makayla 

I tried to use different middle names for each but I think some could work for all of those names. Good luck! 

• My daughter is named Tommi. I think that is about as close as you will get to Thomas.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Tamara ?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I adore Tamsin.  Would be using it if DH could get on board.  I knew a British with this name. 

I also agree with PPs who suggested just using Thomas as a MN.

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • I think it's a major stretch. I guess there are fewer rules for middle names. NMS for a girl, honestly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like the idea of using Thomas as a middle name. Are you opposed to double names? Mary Thomas is precious, in my opinion :) 

• Honestly, I think Tamsin is adorable and goes well with all of those names except Simone. I like Aveline Tamsin the best but Tamsin Aveline is good too. I am not crazy about Livia. 

What about Tamsin Maeve?

Tamera?

Tamara?

Tamsin Miranda?

• imagesydhope:

I like the idea of using Thomas as a middle name. Are you opposed to double names? Mary Thomas is precious, in my opinion :) 

Ohh this times a million.

or Mara Thomas? You could do a double name if you pair Thomas with a super feminine, simple name. Emma Thomas? Cara Thomas? Ava Thomas? The possibilities are endless if you go this route, IMO.  

• Tamsin could be a cute middle name.  I tend to think it sounds best with a three syllable name that is stressed on the first syllable:

Livia Tamsin, Aveline Tamsin, Sylvia Tamsin, Adelaide Tamsin, Genevieve Tamsin, Eleanor Tamsin, etc.

Thomasina could also be an adorable middle name.  It wouldn't be my style at all as a first name, but I could see it being lovely in the middle.  I would pair it with a relatively short first name:

Liv Thomasina, Claire Thomasina, Eve Thomasina, Simone Thomasina, Maren Thomasina, Iris Thomasina, Ivy Thomasina, Sylvie Thomasina, etc.  See how sweet those sound?

Thomas means "twin."  So does Gemini, which could make an interesting middle name.  I came across the male name Gemeny one (which I assume was pronounced JEM-in-nee), and that could be a cool middle name for a girl.

Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"