Cincinnati Babies
Options

Choosing Hospital: Bethesda North vs. Mercy Fairfield

We need to choose a hospital, so I'm hoping to get some information on your good/bad experience at either hospital.  The nurse at the OBGYN office recommended Bethesda North because they were trying to send women there instead of the doctor having to run between the two hospitals if he has a woman in labor at both.  Additionally, Bethesda North is closer to us.  I want to consider some other criteria before making the final decision, so I would love to hear about your good/bad experience at either hospital.

(FYI: I am focusing on all-natural living, pregnancy, and delivery, if that has any play)

Re: Choosing Hospital: Bethesda North vs. Mercy Fairfield

• Options
    We had our first at Bethesda North. We had an amazing experience! We asked for a nurse that enjoyed natural birth when we checked in. I went natural and our nurse really respected our birth plan. She told me that she wished she could see more women have natural births. Bethesda offers the Hypnobirthing class, so they seem pretty on board with natural childbirth.  I hope all goes well!
  • Options
    I delivered at Bethesda North in September and it was a positive experience.  I suggest taking maternity tours of both hospitals and get a feel about which staff and facility would be best for you and your family.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered at B North. While mine ended in a CS it had nothing to do with the staff. I really was impressed with the professionalism and the care I received there! I will have all my babies there if I can! They are great at respecting your wishes and made sure DS was in my chest and BF right away. The lactation consultants came in every day I was there just to check in!
    12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • Options
    I delivered all 3 of my girls at Mercy Fairfield.  I loved it there!  All of the staff was amazing, my nurse was so great that I wrote her a letter telling her how awesome she was! =)  The rooms were big, service was great, and location was convenient for us.  I did not go natural, so I can't give any feedback on that...but my experience at Mercy was great and thought I would share!
  • Options

imagetcea92881:
    I delivered at Bethesda North in September and it was a positive experience.  I suggest taking maternity tours of both hospitals and get a feel about which staff and facility would be best for you and your family.  Good luck!

That is such a good idea Tcea! I never knew there was such a thing as a Maternity tour....but that makes sense. Silly me. I have to make the same decision as well.  I really want to have a natural birth. I heard that has more to do with your hip size than anything...my hips are almost non-existent :( 

Good Luck on Choosing!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered at B North, and I made sure to choose an OB who delivered there for this pregnancy, too. Our experience was great, all of the nurses were amazing. They just completely remodeled the maternity wing, I think it's being finished this month.

Definitely take the maternity tour.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

I delivered at B North as well. I didn't have a problem with the hospital but I had a huge problem with my OB. It was a group and the doctor that delivered was not my top pick. I didn't go natural but the nurse was very much for whatever I wanted to do. The person next to me went natural and I heard the whole thing even in the newly remodeled rooms. 

We ended up needing the NICU for a week and they treated our son very well. I loved the NICU nurses. The nurses on the post partum floor were okay. My labor and delivery nurse rocked. Especially when there were complications. They didn't have time for a c section and since he was crowning they had to use forceps to get him out. I wish I had chosen a different OB group after my experience. 

Just some advice if you choose B North. If you don't want the TV or phone you have to turn the TV on to decline it. We didn't do that and were told if we didn't turn it on we wouldn't be charged. I had to fight for a few months to get the charges removed.

While we were in the NICU Bethesda provided a room for me at no charge. They call it Bethesda Inn. They will only do that if they have the room. It was nice to have a place to sleep and shower and not have to go home. I didn't leave the hospital for a week because I didn't want to leave my son. I didn't get any nursing or food service but my husband would run home and bring food back. They did clean the room daily which was nice.  

B north does offer some really nice classes. We took Happiest Baby on the Block, Safety classes and birthing classes. I really liked the happiest baby on the block class. They have a hypno birthing class that I heard good things about but I was all about the epidural so I didn't take it. I think it cost around $200. 

• Options
    I delivered my two sons at Mercy Fairfield and I can tell you that the nurses were amazing and the nice size birthing suites were wonderful! We had plenty of room and privacy and I would have never known anyone else was around giving birth. I am due with my third son in 7-8 weeks and we will be there again.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"