1st Trimester
Options

My cat is freaking me out

I swear he knows I'm pregnant. He usually stays outside most of the day and keeps to himself, but the last week or so he won't leave me alone! He follows me everywhere and I can't sit down without him hopping right on top of me. I do love it though...just think its odd.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My cat is freaking me out

• Options
    That is really cute :)  My dogs do that all.the.time, but I think it is worse because we just had a storm and they are nuts when it rains.  Sometimes I wish I weren't allergic to cats because I'd really love a more independent pet.  :)
  • Options

Animals are very observant, and are more in tune with their instincts than people normally. 

That said, I'm jealous! My cat is so picky and moody I think she's in denial right now lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I believe they can smell hormones. My cat knew when I went into labor and knew I had the baby (who was sleeping) when I came home from the hospital with DS
  • Options
    lol. My cat has been doing this too... even a week before I got a positive test. She NEVER comes into our bedroom but everynight she has been jumping up on my side of the bed and rubbing around my face... and she has been sniffing me alot. Must be the pheromones!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ok well this makes me feel better i thought my cat was losing it. my cat is usually around me and wants to be pet, i am only a couple weeks pregnant so this is still somethig new ( i have one boy and he is 7) .  well lately she has been kind of clingy she wont let anyone really pet her until i have and at night she likes to lay right next to my face. everyone keeps telling me that she knows and i think they are right. the other night my fiance was giving me a back rub and she layed right on my back and was not letting him really rub my back,bummer for me but it was cute almost like she was saying "back off" lol.
  • Options

I've heard this happens with animals sometimes. I think it's adorable! I was hoping my GSD would be more affectionate but she's still her same stubborn self! 

• Options
    I definitely think animals know!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My kitten has been doing this too!! Actually, he was acting so strange and cuddly around me that it actually caused me to wonder if I WAS pregnant. Sure enough I was!! It's really sweet. My husband LOVES our kitties and gets jealous now because his favorite ALWAYS has to be around me and cuddling with me.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My pets are acting the same way. My cats are all up in my face snuggly, and my dogs will not leave my side. They are being SO protective! It's super cute, but I'm so warm at night!!
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm convinced my cats know something is up - they are constantly by my side too.  At first I thought it was just my imagination, but my husband noted it too the other day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"