Single Parents

Intro & GTKY

Hi there! My name is April and I've been around the Nest/Bump for a looooong time, but I've been taking a break for awhile. I'm recently divorced with a 6yo DS. XH and I are mostly amicable but it's still a struggle everyday with his crazy schedules and lack of financial support (not that I need it, I was the major breadwinner and still make more than he does).

Thought I'd try out this board for awhile. With that, please answer the following if you are so inclined:

• Name?
  • DC age(s)
  • Divorced/widowed/never married
  • Is your relationship with the other parent friendly? Difficult?
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Intro & GTKY

• Good idea for this board!

I'm allison.

my DS is almost 13 months old.

In the process of a divorce, hoping it doesnt take too long!

Yea, I guess. I still hate being around him but I'm sure it will get better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi, April :) 

Name: K  

DC: Coming soon-- February 19th!

Never married

Paternity is questionable. Potential Father 1 and I are friendly, but it's difficult for me because of my feelings vs. his. At least he's a nice person. Potential Father 2  would be illegitimate (and is not allowed near either LO or me... ever).  We'll find out after the baby is here. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Name? Leslie DC age(s) 5 yr old DS and 1 on the way...due August 26th Divorced/widowed/never married ...Divorced from DS. Estranged from father #2 Is your relationship with the other parent friendly? Difficult? With XH its actually pretty good, sometimes he can be difficult, but ehhh better than what it was. As for #2 ...He doesnt want anything to do with me because I am going through with this pregnancy.
  • Name: mamastich :
    DC age: DD is 15mo
    Divorced/widowed/never married: divorced, final last month separated over a year.
    Is your relationship with the other parent friendly: it is good sometimes and not others. He lived across the country and is obviously not involved. I encourage skyping but he rarely takes me up on it. He hardly pays CS and his life is a mess. I'm still bitter about the breakup.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • imageStarr57:

• Name? Rachel
    • DC age(s) Coming soon!! August 1st!
    • Divorced/widowed/never married never married 
    • Is your relationship with the other parent friendly? Difficult? to be honest, haven't heard from him in like 3 weeks. I know it will be an issue later on down the road. It was a very emotionally abusive and controlling relationship. In fact I am pretty sure this baby was a way to "keep me" not that it worked lol! I found out and walked away immediately! 

• Hi, I'm Greta, good to meet you. 

I have a daugther, Julia, who is one. 

I was never married to her father.  We dated on and off for the past 7-8 years though, so he was and still is one of my best friends. 

We get along good enough, we just don't cohabit very well.  I noticed as we both grew older I developed personal & career goals for myself, whereas he seems to have plateaued, so that's what caused/causes most of our bickering.  I think I deserve someone with career potential, who contributes to housework , who cares about health & wellness, with good credit, has a college degree or other intellectual interests, and no criminal history.  Basically, an equal rather than an inferior -- but there's no tactful way for me to communicate this to him without him being hurt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage image
  • Hi!

Name? Krista

DC age: DS is 15 months old tomorrow.

Divorced/widowed/never married: Never married thank god.

Is your relationship with the other parent friendly? Difficult? It's amicable as much as possible but I resent him a lot since he doesn't have a steady job, is controlling (learned from his childhood when his mom was abused though he would never admit that), and never offered to help with the bills. He is still currently living with us to make things easier on my son but he is draining me financially and emotionally since I am currently unemployed and can't make ends meet right now. The one good thing that child custody taught me was to make this relationship business-like so that we can keep things easier for all of us. I just know he doesn't clean ever and that would make life unsanitary for my son, he doesn't shower or brush his teeth regularly and that will be modeled by my son, so I kinda want him around here so I can control the environment as much as possible for my son so it's safe and clean for him. Plus, my son enjoys having both of us here. It's just not going to last forever.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi, I'm Jody.

My DS, Kieran, is 5 weeks tomorrow.

Never married, but was engaged to  his father for about a year and a half before I left.

My relationship with Kieran's father is pretty much non-existent now. He has made no effort to be involved since I moved out when I was 18 weeks pregnant.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    photo 9df49095-cf0f-4192-a338-7695f445291a_zps876ddeb4.jpg
  • Name? NicoleDC age(s) DS is two-years oldDivorced/widowed/never married ...Separated and working on divorceIs your relationship with the other parent friendly? Difficult? Depends on the day. I work really really hard to be friends. We spend a lot of time together with our kiddo, and we usually have some pretty good family time, but going through all of this is really difficult and tensions are high.   I've wanted to post on this board for awhile now. I lurk a lot. Posting makes everything a little bit more real, I suppose.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    • Name?  Holly
    • DC age(s)  16mo
    • Divorced/widowed/never married  Divorced
    • Is your relationship with the other parent friendly? Difficult?  High Conflict
    8418442352_4e02174cbd_o
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
    ~Dr. Suess
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"