Georgia Babies

Time for underwear?

We did pt boot camp,with Jax and he was such a great pretty easy potty trainer.  But now we are working on cooper.  No time to do the boot camp, so I'm trying to figure out when we start using underwear? 

We do naked pt... So he just runs around bottomless and goes to the potty when he needs to. I've asked him if he wants underwear and he will put them on for about a minute then say don't like it and take them off.  Which is ok for now....

when do I bite the bullet and put them on him outside of the house?

(Not nap or bedtime yet)   

Re: Time for underwear?

• Well, first of all, I have to knock on wood b/c Sophie is doing so much better than I expected and I swear I'm still scared she's going to totally regress any day now.  Anyway, it all started when daycare asked me to send panties for her.  I sent them in her bag, but I put her in a pull up for drop off.  First few days, they would put her panties on over the pull up so she got the idea.  Then they put them on UNDER the pull up.  Brilliant idea b/c then she felt the wet but there was no mess if she had an accident.  Only did this for 1-2 days and then it was all panties at school.  After a week of that, we switched to panties at home last weekend.  She still had a couple more accidents but that was it.  She hasn't had a pee accident all week (cross fingers).  Poop is still another story.  She's still in pullups for nap/bedtime but as she is getting more comfortable, she's waking up dry more often so I think we will stop the pull ups all together in the next week or so.  Anyway, I would just bite the bullet and go for it.  Maybe do them under the pull up if he's resisting but tell him he's a big boy now and he needs to wear underwear like Jax.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"