Georgia Babies
Options

Any good books to prepare for new baby?

Do you have any specific book you liked to read to your firstborn in preparation for the new baby?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any good books to prepare for new baby?

• Options
    Hands down favorite- Baby 411.  Also really liked Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No, not sure if it would have helped much.  I just talked about the baby in my belly and it was his brother and how to be gentle and stuff like that.  Be he had ply turned 2 three weeks before cooper got here, so he was pretty young...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would recommend going to your local library and checking out a few children's books. I know my local library has dozens of books on this subject.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Oops, sorry!  I obviously did not read your post carefully enough.  :)  And I know you already have a son so I was confused and figured you were asking for a gift or something. lol  I bought several for my 3 year old when I was pregnant and I do think that the helped.  I believe Karen Katz has a few.  Do a search on Amazon.  That's where I found many good ones.  I liked the simple board books with easy text.  Just gave us some pictures to talk about.  It was also a good way to show him things he can help with when the baby comes.  Being a helper really worked for us.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I haven't been on here in forever but am excited to see your post!  When are you due?  Congratulations!  We liked "I'm a big brother".  We also had another but I can't remember specifically the name.  It was the same idea.  Just anything to talk about what a cool job it is to be a big brother and how Mommy and Daddy love both of them very much.   

https://www.google.com/search?oq=i'm+a+big+brother+book&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=i'm+a+big+brother+book 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    We also had I'm a Big Brother and would read it about 13 times a week depending on what Owen wanted. Of course, we talked about it a lot too. The book seemed to help Owen understand and look forward to helping teach the baby how to play and help take care of him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm not parent yet, but I can recommend some based on being an early childhood teacher. :) 

A Pocket Full of Kisses (sequel to The Kissing Hand, also great) by: Penn 

Julius: Baby of the World by: Henkes  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"