January 2011 Moms
Options

Birthday Parties

Happy 2nd Birthday to all the January LO's!

What are you or did you do for your LO's birthday?  Did you pick a theme with their favorite character?

Oh, and what did they get as gifts?  Do they have a favorite? (I need some ideas!)

Re: Birthday Parties

• Options

We're having a family birthday party on the 27th.  I bought Minnie Mouse plates & napkins to use, and I'm going to make these MM cupcakes.  That could be interesting!

So far we got her the Leapfrog Scribble & Write toy.  I want to get her some toys that will teach her, and I've heard Leapfrog has great toys for that.  She has so many play toys already. 

• Options
    We skipped the birthday party this year. Every time we go to dinner and They sing for someone's bday kain gets very excited so we decided to go out to dinner and let them sing kain loved it. Our parents each came as well. We got him a bike and helmet and also a leapfrog tag jr which you move over books and words and it reads it outload. Happy birthday all other January babies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagedebperdoo:
    We skipped the birthday party this year. Every time we go to dinner and They sing for someone's bday kain gets very excited so we decided to go out to dinner and let them sing kain loved it. Our parents each came as well. We got him a bike and helmet and also a leapfrog tag jr which you move over books and words and it reads it outload. Happy birthday all other January babies!

Awww such a cute idea!  And it save a lot of prepping & planning!  :)

• Options

We had a party here at home. If I had it at a restaurant I would have to say No the whole time (No, JT we don't go in the restaurant kitchen, no JT you can't drink out of my soda cup, No JT you can't play with the ketchup bottle, etc.) so I thought allowing him to play at home with all his favorite toys and people would be best and it was great! I had about 40 people here and we had chips, pizza, salad, and cake. He cries when we sing Happy Birthday so by the time we got to the second "Happy Birthday to you" we had to abort mission. He was in hysterics!

I didn't really buy him anything specific. We threw the party and I added some games and videos on his Leap Pad2. I pretty much told anyone who asked NOT to buy him any toys cause we were bombarded from Christmas so he got a lot of clothes, money, gift cards. He did get a cute chalkboard easel that he likes, some books, dinosaurs, that's about it. Oh, and a coat hook with his name and it's so cute! I also ordered this doll from One Step Ahead that has zippers, snaps, buttons you can take his clothes on and off but it's now on an even extended backorder.

Happy Birthday January babies! 

• Options
    imageMrsLynnyD:

We had a party here at home. If I had it at a restaurant I would have to say No the whole time (No, JT we don't go in the restaurant kitchen, no JT you can't drink out of my soda cup, No JT you can't play with the ketchup bottle, etc.) so I thought allowing him to play at home with all his favorite toys and people would be best and it was great! I had about 40 people here and we had chips, pizza, salad, and cake. He cries when we sing Happy Birthday so by the time we got to the second "Happy Birthday to you" we had to abort mission. He was in hysterics!

I didn't really buy him anything specific. We threw the party and I added some games and videos on his Leap Pad2. I pretty much told anyone who asked NOT to buy him any toys cause we were bombarded from Christmas so he got a lot of clothes, money, gift cards. He did get a cute chalkboard easel that he likes, some books, dinosaurs, that's about it. Oh, and a coat hook with his name and it's so cute! I also ordered this doll from One Step Ahead that has zippers, snaps, buttons you can take his clothes on and off but it's now on an even extended backorder.

Happy Birthday January babies! 

That's about what we're doing but less people. Does JT know how to use the Leap Pad? I was looking at them as a gift but wasn't sure Makenzie would know how to use it. 

• Options

We had about 20 ppl, imediate fam only. I went with the Yo Gabba Gabba theme, and she wore a YGG dress and I made a foofa cake. Did meatball subs, cheesy potatoes, veggie pizza, chips and punch. 

Just like the year before, although it was less people, its still so much prep work, its exhausting. lol.  Who ever asked what to get her, I said 3t clothes, because she got all toys for christmas.  She did mostly get clothes, woohoo! H and I got her a recliner, and a melissa and doug mailbox, because she loves to check the mail.  It was a fun day, but I was sooo pooped!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We had the family (2 sets grandparents, my two brothers - one with a wife) over the night of his birthday and had pizza and cake.  I bought Jake & the Neverland Pirate plates and that is what was on the cake.  It went well.  He cried when we started singing Happy Birthday so we had to stop.

My parents bought him a little table & chairs set - he liked that.  We got him a toy for the bathtub and a my Little Leaptop.  He seems to like those things.  His favorite thing was the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday card that sings the theme song - he could have cared less about opening other gifts after that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Happy birthday to the Jan babies!!

DD's birthday is Saturday. On Friday, we're bringing cupcakes to her daycare class. On Sunday, we're having a Dora-themed birthday party in a little gym and serving mini-bagels, chips, pre-cut fruit/veggies, juice boxes, and store bought birthday cake. My sister is making cake pops (possibly ones that look like Dora). She makes really incredible ones. I'm a terrible mom, but I'm just not really a DIYer.

My MIL bought DD the LeapPad for Hanukah. There is one part where you can wash and play with a pet dog. She loves that. She gets really annoyed if I try to put on one of the games. I haven't gotten any apps. I think she's still a bit young for it, but she does enjoy it.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options

DS's birthday is tomorrow but his party will be this weekend.  Mostly just family but two of the four friends we invited are coming too.  No big theme as every thing is white.  Same for the cake, just chocolate with chocolate frosting.  I may make some royal icing and draw some vehicles on the top.  Nothing to big.

He loves any type of vehicle so for his birthday he's getting a Cars dish set, a Cars busy book and a vehicle quilt I made for his new twin bed (gift from both sets of Gparents).  He's also getting two new bed sheets with Cars on them from the aunts.  Not sure about what else yet.  He's moving up-stairs to his new "Big Boy" vehicle room so I can get the nursery cleaned, painted, and organized for the new baby.

• Options
    imagekimberly_ann81:

DS's birthday is tomorrow but his party will be this weekend.  Mostly just family but two of the four friends we invited are coming too.  No big theme as every thing is white.  Same for the cake, just chocolate with chocolate frosting.  I may make some royal icing and draw some vehicles on the top.  Nothing to big.

He loves any type of vehicle so for his birthday he's getting a Cars dish set, a Cars busy book and a vehicle quilt I made for his new twin bed (gift from both sets of Gparents).  He's also getting two new bed sheets with Cars on them from the aunts.  Not sure about what else yet.  He's moving up-stairs to his new "Big Boy" vehicle room so I can get the nursery cleaned, painted, and organized for the new baby.

That's exciting, a new big boy room!  Our nursery is gender neutral so it was fun doing a girly room for DD before DS arrived. 

• Options
    We didn't have a party. Our family is too far away that it wouldn't really be worth it to ask them all to come here just for a couple hours. We just watched her open her gifts and sang her Happy Birthday and had cake balls that I made. She got a TON of toys, but she hasn't touched most of them. She is obsessed with the train table and hot wheels that we got her.
  • Options
    imageMom2Mack1:
    imagekimberly_ann81:

That's exciting, a new big boy room!  Our nursery is gender neutral so it was fun doing a girly room for DD before DS arrived. 

Our nursery is gender neutral also but I don't like the wall color.  It's a green color but doesn't match the green in the nursery.  We are planning to paint a warm brown color instead.  I planned to paint it before we moved into our new home but didn't have the time since our closing day was moved back and we had to live with my in-laws for a week. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"