Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

5 Thing Thursday

Here we are again... Thursday already.  Dads, you know the drill... answer the questions, for the blank ones, update us about something going on with you, your child, family, job, etc.

1) Are you where you saw yourself in life when you were 18?  What is different?

2) If you could permanently eliminate one household chore from existence, what would it be?

3) What do you forsee being your favorite stage in your kids' lives?  Infant?  Toddler?  Young child?  Pre-teen?  Teenage?  Adult?

4 and 5 are you.

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• Options

I'm not where I thought I would be.  I thought I would have been married younger and had my kids by 37, not waiting for #2.  I would probably say I saw myself being in a different line of work also, maybe dealing with music education instead of slinging sugar water.  That being said, minus maybe the job thing, I'm happy with where I am now and my 18 year self can suck it.

2) If you could permanently eliminate one household chore from existence, what would it be?

Cat boxes.  I wouldn't want to eliminate the cats, but I'd love to eliminate having to scoop their poop... especially when my wife is pregnant and it all falls on me.  If they could genetically engineer a cat that does not poop or pee but doesn't die from it, I'd probably get in line.

3) What do you foresee being your favorite stage in your kids' lives?  Infant?  Toddler?  Young child?  Pre-teen?  Teenage?  Adult?

All the stages are going to be fun, I think (maybe minus teenager), but I think it'll either be toddler or young child as my favorite stage.  They still want to hang around with you, they are still soaking everything in and most everything in their life is still centered on fun.  I know I'm loving 98% of the stage my son is in now... sure, he throws his food sometimes and occasionally refuses to nap or listen, but then we have a day like yesterday where it was just the 2 of us at our children's museum and to watch him soak it all up, play and learn, or to hear him say something for the first time... it is pretty awesome.

4) My wife is now to weekly appointments and twice a week NSTs due to her gestational diabetes... her numbers weren't that high, but they still are making her do the test twice a week.  At least we'll know if anything starts to decline for him, so if he becomes at risk, we'll know earlier and can get him out before hopefully anything too bad happens.  But, he's going to be ok and pass all his tests, so it is just a slight pain for my wife.

5) This flu epidemic can suck it.  I don't think anyone in my little family has caught it, unless my wife got it and masked itself as a stomach bug right after Christmas.  But now, it is potentially messing up our plans for son #2's delivery.  Locally, our board of health has issued a recommendation for hospitals and visitors.  Starting tomorrow, it sounds like no one outside of immediate family can visit and no one under the age of 18 is permitted regardless of family status.  This means that a bunch of my wife's family won't be able to visit in the hospital and my 2 year old son won't be able to meet his baby brother, and be kept away from his mom for 3 days.  Needless to say, my wife is NOT happy about this and we are hoping and praying for a relaxation of the policy (and the flu) before it is time to deliver.

• Options
    imagepolooo26:

4) Going to see Sesame Street Live tonight. My son is turning 2 today and we're going for this birthday

Happy birthday to your little man.  If Sesame Street Live is anything like the shows at Sesame Place outside Philly, he'll likely love it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am pretty much where I thought I would be.  We started the whole kids process earlier than I would have expected at that time, but I have no complaints.

Cleaning out clogged drains

3) What do you foresee being your favorite stage in your kids' lives?  Infant?  Toddler?  Young child?  Pre-teen?  Teenage?  Adult?

As difficult as the teenage years will likely be, I think it will be awesome to see them really come into their own during that time.

4) We are leaving for San Diego tomorrow morning for a babymoon.  We have a lot to do tonight to get ready to leave.  My wife was kind of sick the last couple days so our productivity dropped.  Thankfully she is feeling better now.

5) I started my next class in my masters program this week.  The final is a week before my wife is due.  That is going to be a very stressful time.

• Options

I'm probably 3-4 years "behind" where I thought I would be. My path isn't that far off, but I thought I would own a house by now, and probably be done having kids, rather than just starting.

All of them? Probably anything that involves scrubbing. I hate scrubbing. I don't mind putting things away, but actual washing/scrubbing drives me crazy.

3) What do you forsee being your favorite stage in your kids' lives?  Infant?  Toddler?  Young child?  Pre-teen?  Teenage?  Adult?

Anything but Teen. Boarding schools still exist, right?

4)

I really really hope my DW isn't getting sick. She felt cold yesterday night even though we had the heat cranked up higher than we normally do. Not a great sign.

5)

I got nothing. I'm bored of working.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options

Um...no. I never pictured myself in my 30's...that seemed so old to me. But in my 20's I was suppose to be traveling, performing and wild. I had a good couple of years doing that....but I can say that I like where I am now. 

I hate grocery shopping, I wish all of the food I wanted could just magically appear in my fridge. 

3) What do you for see being your favorite stage in your kids' lives?  Infant?  Toddler?  Young child?  Pre-teen?  Teenage?  Adult?

Good question. I'm not sure. Toddler seems cool since in his eyes I will be awesome. Once he is older that's not a guarantee. 

4) New parent meeting happening this week at my son's school. I'm pitching a class and entire school fundraiser, fingers crossed they are a go. I like throwing a kick-ass event!

5) Nothing else new, LO turns 4 months old this weekend and is already in 6 month clothing, time is flying. BUT we have the 4 month wellness check-up on Tuesday and that means shots....shots suck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"