5 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Excited but Terrified!

Hi Ladies!

Like you, I am now in my 5th week of my first pregnancy! I got pregnant the third month of trying and now the reality is setting in...

I experienced pretty bad cramps during weeks 3 through 4 and still have them very mildly now. I am super gassy and constipated at times. Around 2pm after lunch I am ready for a nap. No morning sickness yet, thank goodness. Trying to eat right, cut out coffee and eating an OTC prenatal until my first OB appt next week. Speaking of eating, I have little to no appetite until late afternoon but force myself to eat fruit, yogurt or granola bars until dinner time when I eat two times as much as usual. Strange I'm not hungry until then... Perhaps the vitamin is curbing my appetite... I am really bloated and very sore/tender down there. Not to mention, my breasts have already gone a size up and are very tender.

I am so excited but terrified at the same time... Mostly thinking about what is going to happen to my body. Can't wait until 4 months when we supposedly 'pop' so I actually look pregnant... Right now my entire body is bloated and I just look fat! Worst part is, I can't tell anyone why I look the way I do!

Congrats to all of you, we did it!
xxxo!!!

Re: Excited but Terrified!

• Options

Hi there,

thank you for sharing, I am also at week 5 and I am happy to ready that its not just me having all kinds of issues. I had really bad heartburn that the last few days but it's gone now..but the gas is still there :( I don't have any morning sickness yet, so overall I am doing ok. Went to my dr. yesterday and got our first little ultrasound picture, its a tiny sack, but it's all mine! I have not been sleeping well since I am only at week 5 and my dr. I am not in the clear till week 8 when the chances of miscarriage are over. This would be my first pregnancy, (after trying for a year) and  I am praying that all will be well. Best of luck to you and hang in there mama!

Jackie 

• Options
    I am 5 weeks today excited but terrified. This is going to be our first, after a miscarriage last November and fibroid surgery February of this year. I called to make my first DR appointment and will be seeing her next month, by then I'll be like 8 wks. I have not told my hubby yet, want to surprise him for Christmas with the positive test wrapped in a box n place under the tree. Wish me luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I understand. I feel like scared for numerous reasons. Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"